New 3 Shape scanner?

W

weswideman

Reaction score
Does anyone know if 3 Shape plans on releasing a new scanner in the near future? I'm looking to buy a scanner, but would hate to jump in too early if there is something on the horizon. If so, any details would be helpful!

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Do you have a scanner now? We just purchased E3 scanner and it was a huge improvement over the D800 we had for 5 years.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
If you are in the US the deals will be at LMT Chicago this week. If you want to wait for future product announcements then those will likely happen at IDS next month.

W

weswideman

Reaction score
I talked to a sales rep of mine. Turns out they are releasing the "E4" in Chicago this week.

L

labtek

Reaction score
Do you have a scanner now? We just purchased E3 scanner and it was a huge improvement over the D800 we had for 5 years.

What improvements did you experience with the upgrade? Do you use the D800 at all or is it in the corner collecting dust? How quick are you able to log in and scan a case now with the E3, before it is ready for the design phase? How long did it take for you to scan the same case with the D800

D

danthelabman

Reaction score
Would it be possible to trade a D 700 for a newer version ? What do i do with the still perfect older version of any scanner ? Seems we are always chasing behind new technology and never keeping up ! Virtually impossible for the small labs to be uptodate with all that is needed ....

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Some places have trade in promotions from time to time.

I agree it's hard to keep up. But sometimes the scanner is not any better. Just a little faster. It's up to you if saving 20 seconds is worth the cost of the upgrade.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
What improvements did you experience with the upgrade? Do you use the D800 at all or is it in the corner collecting dust? How quick are you able to log in and scan a case now with the E3, before it is ready for the design phase? How long did it take for you to scan the same case with the D800

Scanning accuracy was much better especially when scanning the occlusion. We used to have to adjust the occlusion int he design phase, but not anymore. D800 is waiting to be traded in for a new scanner in the future. I don't have exact numbers for scanning time improvement, but I would guess it reduced our scan times by 25%. It's noticeably faster. The E3 also scans in color so you can see any marks you put on the models prior to scanning.

Top Bottom