Never buy shinning 3d scanners, please read

Jarmw89

Jarmw89

Reaction score
Hi, im a smal lab and i went up to cad cam and digital dentistry a few months ago, i ordered a Roland DWX50, and as an advice from my reseller i took a blue light Shinning 3d scanner, wich broke down three days after i was using it, i felt terrible bad becouse i had a lot of work pending, and it had to be delivered the next day, so well i ask the reseller what whats the problem and thery refered to me to some chinesse guy via team viewer, the chinesse kept me waiting like 6 hours and did a lot of tests, and the result was, that the motherboard was broken!, i told him that i wanted a new Scanner and he said to me that he will only send the piece, wich was something that i didn want, becouse for example when you buy a new car and you have invested a LOT OF MONEY on to that and if it brokes you dont want reparations, you want something new, well after that i talked to my reseller and he told me the same thing, im really dissapointed, never buy from this company it has a terrible costumer service, my learning of this is never buy Chinesse things, i should have bought MEDIT, or some known brand, that do you guys think i must do? please help, oh an another thing, im from a thirld world country and i dont know if someone here is really capable to put that motherboard on my scanner with any guarantees, please give a lead on this one.....

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
roland mills are good quality for the price, i am surprised at the lack of service you received.

wait, was it the scanner that broke or the mill ?

Jarmw89

Jarmw89

Reaction score
roland mills are good quality for the price, i am surprised at the lack of service you received.

wait, was it the scanner that broke or the mill ?
the scanner is the one that broke down

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
well that sucks then. i am sorry you had to go through that, but a valuable lesson; not all good equipment is cheap. better luck next time!

go for a new medit, i hear theyve got new extended warranty

Jarmw89

Jarmw89

Reaction score
well that sucks then. i am sorry you had to go through that, but a valuable lesson; not all good equipment is cheap. better luck next time!

go for a new medit, i hear theyve got new extended warranty
Hi man the thing is that the reseller only gives me the choice of reparation, no refund, no new scanner, so i dont have options but im not buying chinesse craps again

A

aqdental

Reaction score
Hi, im a smal lab and i went up to cad cam and digital dentistry a few months ago, i ordered a Roland DWX50, and as an advice from my reseller i took a blue light Shinning 3d scanner, wich broke down three days after i was using it, i felt terrible bad becouse i had a lot of work pending, and it had to be delivered the next day, so well i ask the reseller what whats the problem and thery refered to me to some chinesse guy via team viewer, the chinesse kept me waiting like 6 hours and did a lot of tests, and the result was, that the motherboard was broken!, i told him that i wanted a new Scanner and he said to me that he will only send the piece, wich was something that i didn want, becouse for example when you buy a new car and you have invested a LOT OF MONEY on to that and if it brokes you dont want reparations, you want something new, well after that i talked to my reseller and he told me the same thing, im really dissapointed, never buy from this company it has a terrible costumer service, my learning of this is never buy Chinesse things, i should have bought MEDIT, or some known brand, that do you guys think i must do? please help, oh an another thing, im from a thirld world country and i dont know if someone here is really capable to put that motherboard on my scanner with any guarantees, please give a lead on this one.....
Hi Jarmnw89, the company you purchased the scanner from is liable to fix/replace it for you. If you bought direct from manufacture call them, if you went to a re-seller they are the ones that should do it for you. Do not get allow them to pass the problem on someone else. You buy a Sony from a shop, you go to that shop if any problem not Sony.
Tell your re-seller to move his ... and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

Jarmw89

Jarmw89

Reaction score
Hi Jarmnw89, the company you purchased the scanner from is liable to fix/replace it for you. If you bought direct from manufacture call them, if you went to a re-seller they are the ones that should do it for you. Do not get allow them to pass the problem on someone else. You buy a Sony from a shop, you go to that shop if any problem not Sony.
Tell your re-seller to move his ... and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!
hi a q dental, they say they can fix it but as i said, im not sure a qualifyied technician will do this, they left me in the blind, and another thing i want it new, it was only three days working!, who can asure me it wont fail in the future? and it left me with 8 crowns pending and losing money

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Jarmw89, I certainly understand your desire for replacement. That said, internally it's just parts and connections-not too difficult. Verify the replacement board is new, not used and hope there are no other issues. Many machines in this industry and others have hiccups- even from excellent re-sellers. Some get cheap parts, banged around in shipping and in the warehouse, etc. If it works when the board is replaced, that's the best you'll likely get. Even in the U.S. resellers aren't too quick to replace the unit unless force to do so.

user name

user name

Reaction score
The short answer is raise hell, but be ready to accept the board and replace it yourself. Do you want to be up and running or arguing? Also, share the name of the company you purchased from and send a link of this conversation to them in an email. Make them feel the pain.

Some where I heard a wise man say, 'the most expensive thing you can do is going cheap'.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
def tell us the resellers name. broadcast their crap service all over the place

A

aqdental

Reaction score
hi a q dental, they say they can fix it but as i said, im not sure a qualifyied technician will do this, they left me in the blind, and another thing i want it new, it was only three days working!, who can asure me it wont fail in the future? and it left me with 8 crowns pending and losing money
ok then, let them replace it and make sure you get full warranty (if you replace yourself you may loose the warranty).

C

charles007

Reaction score
Here's a few ideas..
Show up at the retailers office with your broken scanner and confront the owner and say your not leaving your building until you give me a new scanner... Scanner worked for 3 days and demand very vocally you will be leaving there with a new scanner........Tell him your not making payment on a broken/ repaired scanner,, demand a new scanner. Your scanners not 6 months old,,,,, and tell him that.......
FYI Shinning 3d is obligated to service the warranty but they could replace if they wanted to...
Did you pay with a credit card ? its possible you can be given a credit if you call your credit card company ??
Did you lease or finance ? tell the company they can pick up the scanner,,,, you will not make payments on a new scanner that worked for 3 days when the reseller will not replace.. This puts pressure on the reseller to give you a new scanner.
If nothing else works I would send a certified letter to Shining 3D and the reseller what happened and insist on a new scanner, not a repaired scanner and say I'm going to post extremely negative things about what happened to me all over the internet...... Hitting the internet with this story will damage both companies very quickly.

By the way, I have a friend that had problems with his Shinning scanner here in the US. The reseller sent him a Newer model scanner without any problems even though the scanner was aprox 6 months old. He loves his new Shinning scanner better than his 3Shape D700........
Your reseller sucks and I bet all this talking back and forth was done over the telephone.......
Show up at the reseller business unexpected and be very firm and polite !! you got a lemon scanner

You need to post the resellers name on DLN and all over Facebook if nothing else works starting here on dln today before you meet with the reseller .....
NO company wants Bad ASS press .... lol

Last edited:
smilesatgalleria

smilesatgalleria

Reaction score
Yes that is true that shining 3d printers gives little graphic projection error. In my clinic i used it 6 month ago for digital dentistry. But i am not satisfied with its result.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
............ i should have bought MEDIT, or some known brand, that do you guys think i must do? please help, oh an another thing, im from a thirld world country and i dont know if someone here is really capable to put that motherboard on my scanner with any guarantees, please give a lead on this one.....

Cheer up bro, it's not rocket science to change a motherboard, most likely the only tool you need is a screw driver...unless they cheaped out on connectors. Post some pics and will tell you what to do ;)

Jarmw89

Jarmw89

Reaction score
Jarmw89, I certainly understand your desire for replacement. That said, internally it's just parts and connections-not too difficult. Verify the replacement board is new, not used and hope there are no other issues. Many machines in this industry and others have hiccups- even from excellent re-sellers. Some get cheap parts, banged around in shipping and in the warehouse, etc. If it works when the board is replaced, that's the best you'll likely get. Even in the U.S. resellers aren't too quick to replace the unit unless force to do so.

Hi gru, i hope everything goes ok if the motherboard is replaced, I have to travel like 150miles (in third world country roads) every three days to get my models scanned... Man I should better stacked to metal porcelain crowns...

Jarmw89

Jarmw89

Reaction score
Here's a few ideas..
Show up at the retailers office with your broken scanner and confront the owner and say your not leaving your building until you give me a new scanner... Scanner worked for 3 days and demand very vocally you will be leaving there with a new scanner........Tell him your not making payment on a broken/ repaired scanner,, demand a new scanner. Your scanners not 6 months old,,,,, and tell him that.......
FYI Shinning 3d is obligated to service the warranty but they could replace if they wanted to...
Did you pay with a credit card ? its possible you can be given a credit if you call your credit card company ??
Did you lease or finance ? tell the company they can pick up the scanner,,,, you will not make payments on a new scanner that worked for 3 days when the reseller will not replace.. This puts pressure on the reseller to give you a new scanner.
If nothing else works I would send a certified letter to Shining 3D and the reseller what happened and insist on a new scanner, not a repaired scanner and say I'm going to post extremely negative things about what happened to me all over the internet...... Hitting the internet with this story will damage both companies very quickly.

By the way, I have a friend that had problems with his Shinning scanner here in the US. The reseller sent him a Newer model scanner without any problems even though the scanner was aprox 6 months old. He loves his new Shinning scanner better than his 3Shape D700........
Your reseller sucks and I bet all this talking back and forth was done over the telephone.......
Show up at the reseller business unexpected and be very firm and polite !! you got a lemon scanner

You need to post the resellers name on DLN and all over Facebook if nothing else works starting here on dln today before you meet with the reseller .....
NO company wants Bad ASS press .... lol
Hi man unfortunately I paid it full, and all you have said to me to give the resellers name I will wait until all has been solved, the reseller has many lights and shadows, for example I bought all the equipment in March of this year but they give me the trainment until August ! , on the other hand the trainment was very good and very human, but as I said they are answering very late not telling the truth, because the first day the scanner gave me troubles and they said the sub ports of the of where wrong, the second day that my Alienware computer was incompatible, only the Chinese guy with a 30 kbs per second connection (are we in 1998?) told me the truth... Anyway I will be updating the thread but seriously avoid buying these Chinese crap

P

pepsi185

Reaction score

Dear Alvin,

Thanks for having chosen Shining 3D scanner and sincerely sorry for the trouble and loss caused.

We assume that there is an misunderstanding among distributor, you and us. We will communicate with your local distributor to provide you a satisfying solution ASAP.

Sorry again for everything!

If any other customers who are using our scanner and come across problem, please contact us and we are available to support you always.

We have always been improving ourselves to create value for our customers and we are open for all valuable suggestions!!!

Shining 3D (Kevin Ping)

If any other questions, please contact us at
email: [email protected]
Whatsapp: 008615869101812

T

Torquadon

Reaction score
We are UK based, we own 4 scanners (DentalWings, 3Shape, Medit, Renishaw) and 4 milling machines, 2 Rollands and 2 Yenadent, so all serious brands. Sometimes things just go wrong, sometimes it happened few days or weeks after purchase. We have never been offered new equipment but rather repair service instead, also waiting few hours for an engineer on TeamViewer is not that uncommon, you have to remember it is very specialized equipment and vast majority of manufacturers have 2-3 properly trained guys to serve whole world, sure they have plenty people on the phone but properly trained just a few. Usually we are happy with support if repair is reasonably quick (lets say a week),and asking someone to fix something in one day because you have jobs on short notice is not exactly reasonable.

I am not trying to defend Chinese guy here, all I am saying is - scanner or milling machine is not the same as simple extractor or electric wax knife, I seriously doubt you are going to find manufacturer who is going to replace it just because some electronic piece in it is broken, they will always try to fix it first, at best you can ask for another scanner for the time of the repair, but this is usually up to reseller not up to manufacturer.

Good luck to you sir with your repair or replacement.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
We distribute several different manufacturers scanners and mills. In addition, we have a milling center. We manufacturer at cost if a customer's CAD or CAM solution goes down. This could be anytime after purchase. Some of the manufacturers would replace your scanner, others would fix it. You should have access to a loaner at the bare minimum. And, you should have received it within 24 hours. The lesson here, do your homework on what you buy and who is going to support it!!!
I had written a blog "Top Ten Question to Ask Your Distributor Before you Buy" CAD CAM a few months ago. I believe if you had read it you probably would have taken another path to purchase. You can read it here.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/top-...-provider-before-cohen-cdt?trk=mp-reader-card