Nesting

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
So on the end that hangs o utside if the C clamp, nest the to the and he and place the bucal on the outside ring and place the sprues in the lingual which will be on the inside. Your gonna cut them out before you overlap so it i s a fix for day milling. Night runs oitherwise.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thank you, Sevan, So when you're milling overnight you have to be more careful about nesting, compared to during the day when I cut them out, and then start with a new group nesting them, overlapping them back from the previous mills.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Thank you, Sevan, So when you're milling overnight you have to be more careful about nesting, compared to during the day when I cut them out, and then start with a new group nesting them, overlapping them back from the previous mills.
Yes ij even overlap during the day and while the j it's are still in the disk. You're DS cam right?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Wieland Advanced CAM v3.4

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
This overlap strategy will work good for me as I only mill out out maybe 3-4 crowns of a single shade at a time. I can see potential problems with say 15 at a time in the puck.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe not glued, but a compression type of fit? It just looked like what appeared to be blotches of glue, maybe it was leftover zi powder that if I would've toothbrushed it out like I did in the below photos?

So this is why I can't go all the way to the edge, without their being chatter and the units dropping out.

View attachment 29466

View attachment 29467
huh, thats strange. the collars on my zirc pucks are also made of the same zirc. so no real difference for milling on my end.

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
Good rule of thumb: start from the point that is farthest from the fixture - and move towards it. So for C-shaped clamps, start on the open end and and work your way to the fixture. For pucks with 360 degree clamping, start in the middle and work your way out. Depending on your CAM, you can automatically set the auto-nesting to follow whatever strategy your prefer. Here are some additional notes and hyperDENT settings from my post when the DWX-51D came out:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/roland-dwx-51d-nesting-technique-increase-your-chance-greenberg/

Looking back, I'm not sure why those images don't have the part boundaries hanging over the open edge. That'll obviously help save additional material!

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
here is a puck I nested of the same tooth, for a pre sintering shading course that was being taught at our lab. This was milled all at once and not one fell off. I usually can fit 27 ZR units a puck and about 40+ when it comes to wax pucks. We use AG mills and their nesting software. I always get crap from management when I dont utilize the puck to the fullest lol

test mill.JPG

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
ha, of course nothing fell out, look at all the sprues. lord have mercy.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Bet you cant stare at that after an evening of Beer.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Video nest in 4 segments 22 units. This is mainly how i do it during the day, night runs a bit different.

T

toni94

Reaction score
Try 1 or 2 units out this way and see the results, I tried this technique on some 3-D on my VHF mill and my anatomy was not clean but when I triangulated the sprues It worked perfectly fine. It could be the way the strategy is written, but give it a shot and see what happens just ma me sure the sprues are 2mm or latger.

Hi,are you satisfied with your VHF milling machine ? Can you give me some feedback on it,I looking to buy VHF E5 for my first milling machine in the lab...thank you

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the most crowns out of a block. I was wondering do you guys start in the middle and work your way out , from the sides to the middle, right to left ? Does it make any difference ?
I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the most crowns out of a block. I was wondering do you guys start in the middle and work your way out , from the sides to the middle, right to left ? Does it make any difference ?
It does not matter pick your own way and know your machine.

Attachments

• IMG_6753_Original.jpeg
    IMG_6753_Original.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 11
DreN4do

DreN4do

Donator
Reaction score
I personally start from the left side of the Disk since i have a Mini and it is to open end of the holder i need that side to be the cut first. First unit goes on the far left middle, then i add along the edge in batched of 4 to 5 units at a time. I work my way around back and forth towards the right. I average 19 units per disk in ZR like so. Also bridge may act like they take up more space but they don't since 3 units are together the overlap is less in a 3 unit birdge then 3 units individually next to each other. I got 24 units out of a 18mm disk in only 4 bridges.

Just overlap and learn your boundaries.

View attachment 29437 View attachment 29438

The most i got out of a zr disk in single was like 24 units. Just apply the same o wax, small groups cut them out then overlap and repeat.
i've always been nervous on nesting like you do. i always feel like the 3 bars on only one side will not hold. due to that, i
feel like i'm wasting a lot of material. i feel like i'm wasting so much space that i could probably add at least 4 to 5 more units
to each block.

also i'm using the pm5. so do you think if i start nesting with the bars like you did, will it hold?

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
i've always been nervous on nesting like you do. i always feel like the 3 bars on only one side will not hold. due to that, i
feel like i'm wasting a lot of material. i feel like i'm wasting so much space that i could probably add at least 4 to 5 more units
to each block.

also i'm using the pm5. so do you think if i start nesting with the bars like you did, will it hold?
I do two or three bars on one side for most crowns, and 99% hold fine.