Neowax

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
I guess Dentsply is transitioning out of the removable business. Their FRS was so bad that I had to switch systems. They can’t reliably produce clear eclipse material. And now, worst of all, they have discontinued my favorite general purpose sheetwax. Does anyone know of a sheet wax that is similar to Neowax? I just love how it handles for making custom trays and luting models together for articulations.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Oh man, I use Neowax. I have plenty of stock, didn't know they were going to stop making it. I like DPly products but some of the things they do make me scratch my head in wonder. Neowax is expensive, I may try some of the Henry Schein special for wax next time...

O

omsk

Reaction score
Eh not an expert in this but in the lab I used to work I ordered supplies. It took me a while to find a wax the techs liked.

Most liked either Yates wax and also Nobilium All Season wax. The second one being the cheaper one.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Aren't they the number 1 removable materials provider? Are they selling their tooth lines?

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
I have no idea? It is my suspicion though. Earlier this year they discontinued some of their lines of teeth. They have apparently given up on their FRS system. They are discontinuing much of their basic wax consumables. They are dead to me.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Anyone experiencing backorders from Dentsply to suppliers on certain shades?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
The only time I use Dentsply teeth is for Donated Dental cases, they send replacements for the teeth you use. But, my Ivoclar rep said to let him know when I have a charity case and they'll provide the teeth for me.

J

JamesP

Reaction score
Please help. I have gotten samples from Cavez, Coltene, Kulzer, Keystone, Yates, and Corning. I am sill trying to get samples from Miltex and Excel(St. George Technology, Inc.) None have been as soft as NeoWax. Do you all have any suggestions? It is messed up that DENTSPLY would just stop production and not try and license the wax out to another manufacturer.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Please help. I have gotten samples from Cavez, Coltene, Kulzer, Keystone, Yates, and Corning. I am sill trying to get samples from Miltex and Excel(St. George Technology, Inc.) None have been as soft as NeoWax. Do you all have any suggestions? It is messed up that DENTSPLY would just stop production and not try and license the wax out to another manufacturer.
Dentsply is going after the digital market. Not many wax products to sell in that arena.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me, how are the big manufacturers going to stop the middle man competition to start selling digital dentures directly? Digital dentures won't put us out of business, the manufacturers will...

user name

user name

Reaction score
Every time a lab produces a less than premium denture it extends a bigger invitation to the automation.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Respectfully that's hogwash... Our suppliers are going behind our backs and putting us out of business it looks like, that makes me a little angry. They bought their equipment off the backs of all of us and now they are done with us. Anyway I have a long memory :)

user name

user name

Reaction score
The digital wave is coming fast, just like it did to C&B. If you want to survive, you need to be doing something that puts you in demand. If your dentures arent special, then why pay you more than the denture mills will be producing if they can do just as nice?

Theyre not 'your supplier'. They are a business. You need to be a 'value added' component, and market yourself to people that want what you have to offer. Your recipients are a business too.

Im not doing now anything that I was a decade ago. If I didnt learn and take the risks, Id be out of a job now.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Well they are a business and they lost me as a customer. Personally I doubt I will move to the "digital wave". I trained to be a jeweler over 30 years ago before i went into dentistry, and while in school I learned about dental lab and never looked back. There's a watchmaking school at the same place I went for jewelry training, I'm thinking about going there and getting into the watches. Good luck to all of you crown and bridge guys making sub par dentures, and I feel badly for all of the knowledge that is about to be lost forever, and the poor patients that have to wear the dentures...

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Well they are a business and they lost me as a customer. Personally I doubt I will move to the "digital wave". I trained to be a jeweler over 30 years ago before i went into dentistry, and while in school I learned about dental lab and never looked back. There's a watchmaking school at the same place I went for jewelry training, I'm thinking about going there and getting into the watches. Good luck to all of you crown and bridge guys making sub par dentures, and I feel badly for all of the knowledge that is about to be lost forever, and the poor patients that have to wear the dentures...
Look into eyeballs and hearing aids..... Serious suggestion here...

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Look into eyeballs and hearing aids..... Serious suggestion here...

Hearing aids have really gone high tech now. I would think both the eyeballs and hearing aids are printed or milled now. I'm not against digital, just don't like the road it's trying to take, and I have options :) I do want to get my 25 year CDT certificate before I quit though , 2 more years :)

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
I always thought it would be cool to learn how to make noses and ears.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I was at a cancer hospital one time waiting on a prosthodontist, when suddenly a cancer patient with no nose walked in wondering where his doctor was. I mean you could see right into his sinuses. It nearly made me jump but then I noticed he had implants around his nose where they could just click on the prosthesis. I think he was waiting on his new nose, very cool.

Top Bottom