need to know about 3M

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
Hello,

check those out and let us know if the price is correct? and if it is really produces stl file as said.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3M-ESPE-NA/dental-professionals/products/espe-catalog/~/3M-True-Definition-Scanner-78011?N=5144829 3293830687&rt=rud

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...300FC40IQG8LGQL1JT0000000_assetId=13192399133

ok the second link is not working, however its about a pre-launch news and here it is:

ST. PAUL, Minn. - (October 16. 2012) - 3M ESPE announces its new advanced digital impression system, the 3M™ True Definition Scanner. The digital impression system features an open and secure cloud-based platform offering dentists and dental labs a multitude of choices. More accurate—and more consistently accurate—than leading systems on the market1, it will enter the US CAD/CAM2 dentistry marketplace at an unprecedented recommended retail price of $11,995.

“Digital impressions bring improved productivity, better oral care and ultimately a better patient experience. We believe those benefits should be within reach for every dental practice,” said Mark Farmer, president, 3M ESPE. “Our new, affordable digital impression system is open and designed for multiple connections with other mills and systems.”

The 3M system delivers powerful 3D video technology and offers:

Predictable clinical outcomes: Provides better oral care, a better patient experience and improved productivity compared to the traditional process

Choice: Supported by the 3M™ Connection Center—an open and secure cloud-based platform to store, share and connect—the system offers more choices for sharing clinical case files. This includes open STL (three-dimensional) files for flexibility. Dentists and dental labs or other partners have the ability to choose the best solution for the desired clinical outcome. The digital impression system is also designed to connect with other systems including chairside and lab-based mills, making it a smart investment for any practice.

Accuracy: The 3M™ True Definition Scanner features the powerful “3D-in-motion” video technology, which allows you to capture and simultaneously view a true replica of the oral anatomy in extraordinary detail. This gives the flexibility needed for quadrant dentistry and the accuracy needed for full arch dentistry.

Small handpiece: The wand is light and balanced, and the small size mimics a handpiece, providing comfortable, clinical familiarity.

Affordable CAD/CAM dentistry: The 3M™ True Definition Scanner is shattering the high financial barrier of CAD/CAM dentistry with an unparalleled US market price. The suggested retail price is just $11,995 coupled with data plans as low as $199 per month. The scanner and data plans are available from qualified 3M True Definition Scanner Channel Partners.

“I am very pleased that 3M has opened the True Definition Scanner to my chairside milling system,” said Brent Fredrickson, DDS, an early clinical evaluator of the digital impression system. “I've used the device for a large number of model-free cases with outstanding clinical results. The restorations consistently drop right in, and my patients have been extremely satisfied with the outcome.”

To learn more about this affordable, state-of-the-art digital impression system,watch a video of the new True Definition Scanner or visit www.3M.com/TrueDef. Stop by 3M ESPE booth #5644, C7N at the ADA annual session in San Francisco from October 18-21, 2012 to see the scanner first-hand.

1. Study methodology described in: van der Meer WJ, et. al. (2012). Application of Intra-Oral Dental Scanners in the Digital Workflow of Implantology. PLoS ONE 7(8):e43312. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0043312. Additional measurements conducted by ACTA (Academic Center for Dentistry Amsterdam); Wicher J. van der Meer, et. al. (2012). Publication pending.

2. CAD/CAM dentistry (Computer-Aided Design and Computer-Aided Manufacturing in dentistry),is an area of dentistry utilizing CAD/CAM technologies to produce different types of dental restorations.

About 3M ESPE

3M ESPE is a dental product manufacturer that markets more than 2,000 dental products and services. 3M ESPE dental products are designed to help dental professionals improve their patients' oral health care. 3M Health Care, one of 3M's six major business segments, provides world-class innovative products and services to help health care professionals improve the practice and delivery of patient care in medical, oral care, drug delivery and health information markets. For more information on the complete 3M ESPE line of dental products, visit the 3M ESPE website at 3MESPE.com or call the 3M ESPE Technical Hotline at 1-800-634-2249. Products are available for purchase through authorized 3M ESPE distributors.

3M and ESPE are trademarks of 3M or 3M Deutschland GmbH. Used under license in Canada. (C) 3M 2012. All rights reserved.

About 3M
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs 84,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.

Vanessa de Bruijn
Karwoski & Courage
651-342-9670
[email protected]

Mary C. Kokkinen
3M Public Relations & Corporate Communications
651-733-8806
[email protected]

the google link of the news

https://www.google.ae/url?sa=t&rct=...JMt0013p19hpPYQhQ&sig2=VvQd-h2oTqX_XAgTaZcVLw

thanks

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
That's right, but I'm pretty sure they tack on a $250/month fee to the Doc to make it unlimited (unlimited in that the Doc can send you as many scans they want for that month). Please correct me if I'm wrong, as this part of our industry changes everyday.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What he said^^^ plus it needs powder.

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
I have to admit, I thought the Trios was fast ... granted we purchased one to show doctors so we've had a lot of practice, but the newest 3M True Definition is crazy fast. They brought it by and I had to retrain myself a little to not worry about speed or "pace" and just scan. Yea, there is powder still, but dang it seems to capture the data fast!

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
very good news, thanks all for the answers:)

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
well, i am not sure but the technology used with this scanner seems not to need powder.

“3D-in-motion” video technology

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
The tru def needs powder and is pretty limited in scope. I wouldnt get one.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
have anyone try it on gypsum model or on peek scanning jigs? does it need a powder on that too.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I own One.......doing nothing with it.

It is sitting in closet. Piece of garbage.

Wait for Steinbichler scanner from Germany for mouth scans or for models.

3M scanner is not good for more than 3 units.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score

thank you, i need it for implants for public use for the docs who has no scanner,, so i think its better that way to torture the docs to bush them to buy the same or something else.

so the ones who is going to use it is totally beginners and i think it will work for them.

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score

You own the COS, the True Definition, or the new True Definition that comes out in a month or two?

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
you realize they are all the same right?
They really aren't ... maybe based off of the same technology, but I think each improved. Now I'm not here to promote em, I like characteristics from several different systems. It was fun to see the new wand a week or so ago though (I didn't ask to see it, they came to me ... I have to say the scan was fast and complete),and it doesn't come out yet for purchase for a month or so. I think it's fair to say that they've done something that has really sped it up. Thought it was a fair question, as I think Scott is referring to the COS...?

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
i trust 3M product they are the inventors of so many things in the dental lab.
however, i am not limited to any brand, but i think after watching some videos, it has some good advantages, that i think i can make something out of it, so in near future i am going to try it, if i got a good offer.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
1. margin marking has to be done by a certified 3M lab (which means they charge you)
2. Most of the tweaks are software
3. Hardware changes have mostly been with the ability to streamline the product.

if you told me they eliminated spray, and still could get a good scan, then i would say it has changed a lot.

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
1. margin marking has to be done by a certified 3M lab (which means they charge you)
2. Most of the tweaks are software
3. Hardware changes have mostly been with the ability to streamline the product.

if you told me they eliminated spray, and still could get a good scan, then i would say it has changed a lot.
You can actually download and import .stl files - I use exocad because it's easier for me, haven't tried it with our 3Shape. Next time you get a case, click on file and download. No charge. It works well and is easy to import. No need for the 3D glasses, just margins like you're used to. Hardware has changed each time, the wand each time has changed and been smaller. The new one is even smaller. Software has gotten faster. So yep, changes, and not really the same.

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
I don't have a love for the powder either though ...

Top Bottom