need to buy mill and oven advice

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey LA Ceramics, not to "make you look like a dummy". And to first qualify my post, yes I am a Roland distributor. We operate 6 Rolands day and night here at CAP. Milling mostly zirconia then PMMA and wax. Several of the mills are now over two years old, some have all original parts and have milled over 20K units and counting. In addition, we have well over a hundred Roland mill laboratories in North America all cranking away. Many have more than one Roland mill. The mill provides implacable fits, mills the most complex geometries, like full arch screw retained full arch restorations and they just keeps cranking. Not to say they will run forever without a repair. No mill will. The nice thing about Roland, if a repair is needed the price point is reasonable. We looked at a DMG mill several years ago. Great mill. I don't recall the life expectancy of the spindle (i think it was 4000 hours),but I do remember the cost of replacement was $60K. That's the price for two new DWX50's.
Just the fact that the manufacturer provides a two year warranty speaks for the quality of the mill. To my knowledge there is not another in our industry that goes for more than a year. For milling soft dental materials there simply is not a a better mill at or near this price point.
In addition, there are several hundreds of posts here on DLN on Roland DWX50. When you find a negative Roland posts it always seems to come from an individual that doesn't own one. Just because Roland developed a mill that is designed differently than most industrial mill doesn't make it bad. In fact, for for a mill at this price point I think it's ingenious. Look at Tesla. It's different. Would you like to drive one. I would. Different doesn't necessarily relate to inferior.
great post bob. and tesla is coming out with a car that is expected to be HALF the price of the current S. this will bring it in line with currently popular sedans. maybe in a couple years i will finally afford one.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
wow...ok, let's nip this in the bud before it blows up again...

but speaking of which...the minute the P85+ Model S is offered with AWD, im selling a nut for it.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i wish the electric delorean were cheaper. i might be tempted to buy it instead.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
No encoders....runs blind-folded.

No frame to support the rail system, which is also missing...?

No real CNC rails being used.

Other than that, what a fine piece! LOL

Very similar to my $99 HP paper printer. Almost the exact same design.

And still runs like a champ. Consistent results and easy to maintain. Just like our minis, except easier to calibrate.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
guys seriously.... stop it, don't add wood to the fire...or in this case race fuel.

I think this thread is as useful as it'll get...the thread creator should have all they need to figure out what they want. They are clearly not buying a Haas

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Good post Bob. Remember, you don't buy a Tesla to drive across country just like you don't buy a Roland with the intention of milling metal.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Great musical Instruments, Excellent large format printers, and great little dental desktop mills.
Cant argue with all that.

Oh I hear VHF are bringing out a new PCM Virtual Analogue Synthesiser with 88 weighted keys.....

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
I've always been a fan of Korg and ironically Roland LOL for synthesizers!!! wow...didn't think about that until now.

I always custom add my own weighted keys, because manufacturers never seem to get it right. I want it to feel just like an aged Steinway Baby Grand.. a little resistance, but plenty of weight.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
I have a Roland and and a couple of Ensoniq dinosaurs, one is 76 keys weighted..pretty good...but my fav is my Roland TD15kv Electronic Drumkit..it's mad, mad mad.
Korg, I had a Wavestation and an O1W back in the old days....they were the bomb

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i had the 2nd Generation Triton, the Karma when it first came out, i currently have a VR09 - but with the addition of reason and ableton i've been doing way more customization through that into a MIDI controller. I also have a slightly used Fantom G8 that was a gift - but just havent had the time to play with it.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Must make more time... my keyboards are gathering dust in favour of other things I'm afraid, but Ill be back.
VR09 is a fun keyboard

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
haha DLN cover band @ IDS 2015 #itsallsamsfault will play the spoons

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
This just in,...

Tesla is developing a new dental milling machine that operates solely on flatulence and wishful thinking. It's design is both innovative and unique. You just place the Lab Slip inside the sleek ergonomically designed enclosure. Grasp the handle firmly with both hands (shaped like a wishbone). Now visualize the restoration in your mind. Employ the power of positive thinking while simultaneously squeezing your lower abdominal muscles and wow!!!!,... it comes out the bottom,..every time,.. guaranteed in writing (actually signed by Tesla himself using an orange crayon so you know it's real)

Their calling it the Tesla "Implacable"( this word means relentless or unstoppable).
Price point is so low that it will make buying them a delight each and everytime.
Belts and pulleys are made of a new space age material which is known to be fantastic,.. not cheap or shoddy
Comes with a free supply of 100 "Tesla blocks"( they're shaped like gingerbread men,..frickin awesome man!!!)

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
...hundreds sell the first year, thousands the second year. Tens of thousands of perfect restorations are produced by labs that had no digital technology just a short time ago. Happy lab owners are thrilled with the results and quick return on investment. They add a second, third and even fourth unit to keep up with increased production and the profits that come with it.

Angry rivals can only scowl and say: "get a horse!"

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
it's funny you say that, i just got a peruvian paso last year

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Is their any option to make a dwx out of my HP 1480;)

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Wenn dort, wo die Anweisungen würde in Englisch sein. Also, sind Sie kein Gluck.:cool:

Top Bottom