Need to accept Sirona Intra Oral Scans into Exocad

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
Title says it all, I have the model creator modual, what do I need to set up to be able to import these scans, have models printed etc. The doc is an old friend who got sold a write off purchase(scanner only) at Yankee and wants me to get his scans.... when his staff gets training......he was suppose to be buy PlanScan...I can set up a Hippa compliant dropbox for file uploads no problem...

Thanks
Rex

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
The lab must have the sirona scanner...was 32k last month, but changes every day over there so who knows now. You can use any mill and design off of exocad, just have to get their scanner so you have the software to accept the file. Currently no way around for a lab right now without buying their pos scanner. Hence why they are able to create a private meeting in the big bar of the Hyatt in chicago every year on the last day.

Cleo

Cleo

Reaction score
IT DEPENDS ON THE SCANNER THAT THE DOCTOR PURCHASED. THE CHEAPER ONNICAM CAN ONLY SEND FILES THROUGH THE SIRONA CONNECT PORTAL. THERE IS NO WAY TO GET A DIFFERENT FILE FROM THAT SYSTEM. DOCTORS CAN BUY AN UPGRADED SCANNER THAT CAN OUTPUT FILES BUT THEY ARE SIRONA FILES AND YOU WOULD HAVE TO CONVERT THEM TO AN STL. SOME INLAB OWNERS CAN CONVERT THEM FOR YOU BUT THEY ARE TIME STAMPED AND LIMIT HOW FAST IT CAN BE DONE.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
IT DEPENDS ON THE SCANNER THAT THE DOCTOR PURCHASED. THE CHEAPER ONNICAM CAN ONLY SEND FILES THROUGH THE SIRONA CONNECT PORTAL. THERE IS NO WAY TO GET A DIFFERENT FILE FROM THAT SYSTEM. DOCTORS CAN BUY AN UPGRADED SCANNER THAT CAN OUTPUT FILES BUT THEY ARE SIRONA FILES AND YOU WOULD HAVE TO CONVERT THEM TO AN STL. SOME INLAB OWNERS CAN CONVERT THEM FOR YOU BUT THEY ARE TIME STAMPED AND LIMIT HOW FAST IT CAN BE DONE.
If you don't know it, all caps is considered shouting on message boards since we can't hear each other. Just wanted to make sure you knew.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Oh snap, Mr. Moderator's first official action....time to duck and run!!!!
Dude, I've done that a few times before. Some peope just don't know. My style is more invisible hand if I actually use all these buttons and gizmos.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Dude, I've done that a few times before. Some peope just don't know. My style is more invisible hand if I actually use all these buttons and gizmos.

a532a16c4369f1eafb25a6420e72e0df--hello-hello-hello-kitty.jpg

Just messing with ya JMN, it's all good :)

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
That's even funnier wiff me bein' in banjo music territory.
There is some good bluegrass in your neck of the woods.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
If you don't know it, all caps is considered shouting on message boards since we can't hear each other. Just wanted to make sure you knew.
If He's spent a lot of years with lab noise like a lot of us and started to go def, He probably just wanted to make sure you could hear him :)

C

camposds

Reaction score
To open a cerec connent account all one needs is a serial number from a red cam on up. Delcam exchange will convert the .ilab to stl if you don’t have inlab 15 sw or higher. I can help you out when the software if needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doug

doug

Reaction score
You have Delcam? I watched a video today about exporting cerec files as .stl format. seems to be pretty easy if the doc has the current version of the software.

C

camposds

Reaction score
You have Delcam? I watched a video today about exporting cerec files as .stl format. seems to be pretty easy if the doc has the current version of the software.

If you have inlab 15 or higher then there is no problem but if you have a doctor who refuse to upgrade at his end then Delcam exchange is a solution

doug

doug

Reaction score
So how does a person get a hold of the "Delcam Exchange" you speak of?

C

camposds

Reaction score
So how does a person get a hold of the "Delcam Exchange" you speak of?

Delcam exchange will also convert 3shape files to stl. If a cerec doc want to Dropbox files in . Ilab format then Delcam exchange will convert to stl no problemo no other software needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk