Need some ideas.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I currently have no Dr's doing IOS. One of my Dr's that just got one (Carestream ) four months ago never gave me a chance and went elsewhere. So my question is. How do I go about familiarizing myself with the whole digital work flow without ever getting any digital scans ?Dontknow

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
I could share some samples.

If you have the model builder on your exocad.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Great Question!!!
I think you have a few ways of doing this...naturally, you could outsource your scans to a lab that can print them up for you. However, I think you are trying to go more in-house digital and do it yourself? If so, then I'd suggest we on DLN get together and send you some scans. This is what I did on here, many folks were very helpful. Then, the next question, do you have the model creator module from exocad or 3Shape? You will need this unless your crazy tech savvy (I'm nuts, but not that crazy). Once you create your models...then you have another decision to make....print them yourself, or send off to have a lab print them for you. Tons of ways to grow yourself and expand as needed when it's financially feasible. Or, go get a I/O scanner...then market yourself, this is what rkm did back in the day 'lab in a box' termed by Luke. However, you better make sure you have a workflow figured out (whether your outsourcing or doing it in house). Let us know what you decide.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Great Question!!!
I think you have a few ways of doing this...naturally, you could outsource your scans to a lab that can print them up for you. However, I think you are trying to go more in-house digital and do it yourself? If so, then I'd suggest we on DLN get together and send you some scans. This is what I did on here, many folks were very helpful. Then, the next question, do you have the model creator module from exocad or 3Shape? You will need this unless your crazy tech savvy (I'm nuts, but not that crazy). Once you create your models...then you have another decision to make....print them yourself, or send off to have a lab print them for you. Tons of ways to grow yourself and expand as needed when it's financially feasible. Or, go get a I/O scanner...then market yourself, this is what rkm did back in the day 'lab in a box' termed by Luke. However, you better make sure you have a workflow figured out (whether your outsourcing or doing it in house). Let us know what you decide.
Why not upload some scans and maybe even the corresponding designs to the Resources section for other techs to see and play with?

The Tooth Libraries section would make most sense.

If it doesn't work out, I'll be happy to host them on my Dropbox.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I do not have model builder for my 3shape. I haven't needed it yet. My original thought was to just send some scans to say Argen, Core3d and see what they send back. Would they then send me a file that I can open and design on or would I have to scan in their models? As of now I have no plans to process my own hard models.

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
You can design on the scans that come from the Dr's. You don't even need a model to create a restoration. The models come in handy when you want to finish to a solid. I would say that 97% of molars could be done successfully model-less. Maybe I'm overly optimistic???

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im model free for one account. I cant say I agree thats the best way to go, but hes happy.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
become a partner.

go 50/50 on an IOS and bind that account to you.

in the first year you'll be as familiar as anyone in the environment, enough to reassess and come back with a new plan to work with IOS. and given the substantial reduction in investment, you'll quickly pay it off.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Have you talked to your other Drs?
They are also close to buying an iOS.
This is your opportunity to upgrade your business model. Speak to your support folks at Argen and we are also here for you. Nothing wrong with outsourcing until you get the hang of things.
I just bought my second IOS.

A

adl

Reaction score
Have you talked to your other Drs?
They are also close to buying an iOS.
This is your opportunity to upgrade your business model. Speak to your support folks at Argen and we are also here for you. Nothing wrong with outsourcing until you get the hang of things.
I just bought my second IOS.
Which Trios did you get?

M

mmbh

Reaction score
5 of our accounts are model free. Nice and easy workflow.

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
I'd arrange to see them, ask to take a look at it in action. See if they'd allow you to sit in on a live case. Get excited for them about it! and politely ask if they'd send these scan through to you so that you can have a go at a full digital workflow case - even if they send it through to the other lab, just ask for the files to play with. do the case and present it to them. This is what I did with one of my clients, they too get excited about showing off their toys!