need new mills

A

adcgn45

Reaction score
hi,my company has allowed me to select two new mils to replace our crumby and dated roland dwx50 machines and i wanted to get some opinions on the best mills out now?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
whats your budget?

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
VHF K5, we love ours. Talladium usually has a year end package special, you may want to give them a call and ask.

F

FoshM

Reaction score
What are the thoughts on the Roland DWX-52DCi? I've been considering it for the puck changing ability (the ideal of milling overnight is just so alluring to me). How does the Roland stack up to some of the others mentioned (the Versamill, Zirkonzhan M1, and MASTERmill)? It appears to be in the same ball park price wise. Any major pros or cons on any one of these mills compared to the others?

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Of course my recommendation would be our Versamill but please allow me to suggest that you arm yourself with knowledge on what actually determines how good a mill is in terms of: quality of restorations produced,, reliability, productivity, and profitability.

much of this can be done by reviewing the following;
This review would allow you to cut through the Sales and marketing BS so prevalent in this industry. It would enable you to make a more informed decision on which mill best meets your personal and business requirements, goals, and objectives.

just a thought....

Last edited:
A

adcgn45

Reaction score
well i would also like to mention that im also a machinist. so i do know a good mill from a bad one and roland dwx 50 is a hobby grade mill at best. im looking into the ones you guys listed.thanks

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
well i would also like to mention that im also a machinist. so i do know a good mill from a bad one and roland dwx 50 is a hobby grade mill at best. im looking into the ones you guys listed.thanks
That’s great. Often times we find this is not the case and this information can be most useful. :)Beer

Jesse Zamarripa

Jesse Zamarripa

Reaction score
hi,my company has allowed me to select two new mils to replace our crumby and dated roland dwx50 machines and i wanted to get some opinions on the best mills out now?

Before throwing solutions at you it is probably best to find out what your needs are. What are you looking to produce?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
also what cam are you running? If you can use your hyperdent or sum3d to run another mill that will save you thousands..

user name

user name

Reaction score
also what cam are you running? If you can use your hyperdent or sum3d to run another mill that will save you thousands..
Thousands?! I was just this morning visiting with Jensen about the end of Windows 7 support and what are the plans for the future with Windows 10 machines; I like to plan for redundancy and have back ups when needed.
Im pretty sure I was told new Hyperdent CAM was 900, and youll get a 500 credit back when you return the old dongle.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Depends on how many modules you have I guess.. The license fee alone is over $1200 /yr.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
ZZ M4 Worst, slowest machine with very poor support

I want to sell mine

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
We have trumill

we want to buy one more machine to mill bars without tool breaking

want a turn key machine to mill bars

QUOTE="brayks, post: 312061, member: 11275"]
Of course my recommendation would be our Versamill but please allow me to suggest that you arm yourself with knowledge on what actually determines how good a mill is in terms of: quality of restorations produced,, reliability, productivity, and profitability.

much of this can be done by reviewing the following;
This review would allow you to cut through the Sales and marketing BS so prevalent in this industry. It would enable you to make a more informed decision on which mill best meets your personal and business requirements, goals, and objectives.

just a thought....
[/QUOTE]

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Thousands?! I was just this morning visiting with Jensen about the end of Windows 7 support and what are the plans for the future with Windows 10 machines; I like to plan for redundancy and have back ups when needed.
Im pretty sure I was told new Hyperdent CAM was 900, and youll get a 500 credit back when you return the old dongle.

We are a hyperDENT distributor and not entirely sure but sounds like the cost of updating a v2012 4-axis license to V8 (not V9, their current version).

Depends on how many modules you have I guess.. The license fee alone is over $1200 /yr.

Just to be clear, this is what Jensen is charging you annually for hyperDENT software maintenance which provides for periodic, full and point releases.
When you purchase hyperDENT, you are purchasing what is known as a perpetual RTU license which means it perpetually renews at no cost. The version of which is either the release version at time of initial purchase or the last release version at time of software maintenance termination.

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
We have trumill

we want to buy one more machine to mill bars without tool breaking

want a turn key machine to mill bars

I’m not sure what TruMILL you have but our Versamill 5X200 is perfect for that application.

I’m also not sure if you’ve been notified, but. TruMILL branded ARUM machines will no longer be available after December 31st of this year as 3DBioCAD will no longer be a distributor of ARUM products.

Please give us a call If you wish to discuss your purchase and/or support options.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
prestige dental how much do you want for your m4 i already have one and i might be looking at a second one. what has gone wrong with your service i find zz pretty good.