Need model room training

Matthew J Raes

Matthew J Raes

Reaction score
With everyone going to digital models, I am in need for someone to help teach my model room people the best pouring techniques, setting bites, and not sending cases out of their department unless it is 100% ready for the next guy. I am trying and have tried doing some short in lab teaching with them but need them to maybe go through a refresher course with someone who knows this better than I would. Please help and thank you in advance.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
1, prioritize algenate

2, don't flip them. if you have to flip them then only do it once the stone is close to setting and getting stiff. what you don't want is the stone "sagging" out of the impression, leaving voids and corrupted incisal edges.

3, always use the bite, unless you can prove the bite is objectively wrong, in which case, don't use the bite.

4, pick off the boogers

5, pouring triple trays, do the antagonist (opposing) first. easier to get straight and aligned models.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
With everyone going to digital models, I am in need for someone to help teach my model room people the best pouring techniques, setting bites, and not sending cases out of their department unless it is 100% ready for the next guy. I am trying and have tried doing some short in lab teaching with them but need them to maybe go through a refresher course with someone who knows this better than I would. Please help and thank you in advance.
Where you located?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Where you located?
Hello! My name is Matt and I am from Studio32 in Hiawatha, IA. I have been in this industry for almost 10 years now. I work a lot on the Digital side of things and have watched and received plenty of advice without ever actually posting on here. Will be happy to meet some new people on here and learn from everyone that I can. Thank you.

Matthew J Raes
Studio32 Dental Laboratory
Hiawatha, IA
319-298-9800

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im not far away from you. Id be down for coming over for a Saturday class. Ill have them doing great work and knowing why theyre doing it. One day, your place, $1000.

Matthew J Raes

Matthew J Raes

Reaction score
Where you located?

I am located in Hiawatha, IA. It is just north of Cedar Rapids, IA. We have the one person who has a length of experience and the other is fairly new. Would like to do this without making anyone with any experience to feel incompetent but they both still need some work.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I am located in Hiawatha, IA. It is just north of Cedar Rapids, IA. We have the one person who has a length of experience and the other is fairly new. Would like to do this without making anyone with any experience to feel incompetent but they both still need some work.
You have some serious talent (members on this forum) that would surely get your techs good to go. I can't tell you how many times the 'model work' itself sold the patient on getting the work done (i.e. wax-up models).

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score

Call one of the major manufacturers like dply or ivoclar and have then send out a rep to teach the basics with their products.