Need help with our Roland DWX-50

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
Hello everyone, So i drew the short straw today, and got handed the task of trying to repair our Roland DWX-50. So our machine is no longer under warranty so we are on our own for repairs or pay a decent amount to get it repaired, so of course upper management wants us to try and fix it on our own. So the previous tech who was working on this project(they no longer work for the company) had a note saying that the bearings that guide the spindle along the rails are shot and need replacing. So I started to take apart the machine slowly and with a bunch of pictures. Everything was going good til I got to trying to get the 2 guide rails that the spindle box goes along(horizontal rails that guide spindle left to right) and I can't figure out how to get the rails off. i took off metal plates on sides but it seems like something is holding rails to the side plates. Has anyone had to do this before and if so, is there a manual you can share or even just some pointers that can help me get the rails off. I have looked online and was not able to find any images or videos about this process. Thanks in advance.

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
The guide rails are recessed into the metal plates on the sides about 4mm, you have to spread the assembly to get the shafts out.

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
thanks for the info, I will try that, seems pretty easy, since I am pretty sure I know what bolt your talking about.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Are you sourcing parts from Roland or industrial parts catalogs?

Before you go too much further Roland DGA offers a rebuild service for the DWX 50. The cost was reasonable and you don't have to worry about leftover parts or things not working correctly when you plug it in.

You might want to at least call and get a quote.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Are you sourcing parts from Roland or industrial parts catalogs?

Before you go too much further Roland DGA offers a rebuild service for the DWX 50. The cost was reasonable and you don't have to worry about leftover parts or things not working correctly when you plug it in.

You might want to at least call and get a quote.
Leftover parts? Y'mean if I fix enough of them I can get a whole 'nother machine out of extras!?

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
yeah I was looking at that service that they offer and let my management team team know about it and i think we might just do that because after the time it takes me to take apart and we order what we need it will cost around the same price as if we just had Roland come in and do it for us. thx everyone for your input on this