Need help to ID this implant

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
dont you love how we are treated as professionals when helping solve a problem at their end for no fee, based on knowledge we have built up
but treated as little more than process working manufacturers when it come to any problem our end that we may have to bill for, as they could really do it better than us if they wanted

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
Sorry that sounded quite bitter. I actually truly enjoy helping most of them out with things like this. But every now and then you have one with an attitude that that just gives you the ****s

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
looks like maybe a nobel snappy? werent those one piece? I know the analog is, but not sure about the actual implant.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
looks like maybe a nobel snappy? werent those one piece? I know the analog is, but not sure about the actual implant.
I wish I was chairside, But so busy couldn't make it. I am sure the patient went home with the crown cemented. It will be a mystery what implant was that?

doug

doug

Reaction score
A snappy would appear to be a solid abutment, especially to a doc who is ignorant of implants in general. That sounds bitter.:)

edit for spelling

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Unless he sent the radiograph of the wrong implant, that is very obviously a standard 3 piece setup of implant, abutment, and screw.

Snappy has an obvious screwhole. so does every abutment. Doc forgot to have coffee or something.
35968_00.png

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ok, well zimmer has a one piece implant/abutment...

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
There are a whole slew of solid abutments some of which still have a hole in the top, I would guess to help line up the driver. I have no idea which ones were around 30 years ago though.