Need advice - pressure pot for making ClearSplint?

P

PGon1977

Reaction score
I'm new to the lab side of the dental field and need some advice (which I will likely need quite a bit going forward - lol). Just picking up a case here and there to get some hands on training.

Last week I made my first 3 ClearSplints with Astron material using the flasking process. I didn't have a pressure pot at the time so I just stuck the flask with the entire press compress in the water on the stove.

Question 1: I clearly need a pressure pot. What pressure pot do you recommend?

Question 2: Once I get a pressure pot, I won't need to stick the entire unit (whole compress and all) in the water, right? I'll just put the actual flask part in?

For now this is the flask I have (I'm also open to suggestions about better flasks): https://www.amazon.com/Happybuy-Den...YCSVEO/ref=cm_sw_em_r_dp_dcs_IKgNyb65Y5TC3_tt

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I'm new to the lab side of the dental field and need some advice (which I will likely need quite a bit going forward - lol). Just picking up a case here and there to get some hands on training.

Last week I made my first 3 ClearSplints with Astron material using the flasking process. I didn't have a pressure pot at the time so I just stuck the flask with the entire press compress in the water on the stove.

Question 2: Once I get a pressure pot, I won't need to stick the entire unit (whole compress and all) in the water, right? I'll just put the actual flask part in?

For now this is the flask I have (I'm also open to suggestions about better flasks): https://www.amazon.com/Happybuy-Den...YCSVEO/ref=cm_sw_em_r_dp_dcs_IKgNyb65Y5TC3_tt

I syringe inject and polymerize under 90psi never had an issue with the regular clearsplint. Flexible I heard has more of a PITA. It really couldn't hurt to use the flask and compress inside the pressure pot. Also if you are going to do any acrylic realistically you need a pressure pot that gets to 30psi.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
@PGon1977 are you in house at your dentist as a technician or are you branching out? This will greatly differ the quality of equipment you can afford lol.

P

PGon1977

Reaction score
@PGon1977 are you in house at your dentist as a technician or are you branching out? This will greatly differ the quality of equipment you can afford lol.
I'm branching out on my own. It is a lot to get started! Whew!!! :eek:

P

PGon1977

Reaction score
I syringe inject and polymerize under 90psi never had an issue with the regular clearsplint. Flexible I heard has more of a PITA. It really couldn't hurt to use the flask and compress inside the pressure pot. Also if you are going to do any acrylic realistically you need a pressure pot that gets to 30psi.
Not sure if I have seen the syringe inject technique? I'm also a little confused on if I need to place just the flask in pressure pot or do I place the whole flask compress in pot.. I'm thinking the whole think won't fit.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score

The brass flasks are fine.
Get a self heating pressure pot. Temperature is critical to success.
Since the internal size of the pot doesn't allow a large compress, try putting each flask in a two post reline jig after final closure.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Not sure if I have seen the syringe inject technique?
Make a matrix over wax up remove wax use a monojet syringe to push material into a small hole to fill the cavity when it reaches the vent on the otherside I drop in pressure pot.

budgenator

budgenator

Reaction score
I've got a 1 gallon presto stainless steel pressure cooker and a standard 2 flask compress will lay inside it. I process in flasks the rectifier anyway.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Could you please phrase that differently? I have no idea what that means. Thanks
Drops it in the moonshine still for that little extra kick, added benefit is it numbs the mouth upon delivery.

budgenator

budgenator

Reaction score
Could you please phrase that differently? I have no idea what that means. Thanks
The boil-out, they used to call them rectifiers for some reason.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
The boil-out, they used to call them rectifiers for some reason.
Was that just your lab? or local? I have never heard of this. Pretty sure a rectifier is to change AC current to DC current. Did your boil out/processing tank run on DC current?

budgenator

budgenator

Reaction score
Was that just your lab? or local? I have never heard of this. Pretty sure a rectifier is to change AC current to DC current. Did your boil out/processing tank run on DC current?
No it was a textbook thing, You have to remember I've done repairs on vulcanite dentures, so the term is probably old-school squared.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
No it was a textbook thing, You have to remember I've done repairs on vulcanite dentures, so the term is probably old-school squared.
It is even too old for Google.

Top Bottom