Need advice about zirconium

V

Vlad Popescu

Reaction score
Hello friends! So i want to know what kind of zirconium blanks do you use in your laboratory? Has anyone tried HUGE Zirconium or ACONIA ? I m interested in the multilayers blank but also the white ones. I've heard that the HUGE zirconia is using TOSOH powder which I know that is quite good.
Thanks

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
we use ivoclar, amann girrbach, and katana

V

Vlad Popescu

Reaction score
we use ivoclar, amann girrbach, and katana
Thanks! I have another question. I have a friend that wants to mill on a cerec machine a diffrent blank than sirona and he asked about the elargement parameters in the 3 axes xy and z . I told him to fill those parameters with the shrinkage procentage that is written on the zirconia disk package. Was i right ?

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
Thanks! I have another question. I have a friend that wants to mill on a cerec machine a diffrent blank than sirona and he asked about the elargement parameters in the 3 axes xy and z . I told him to fill those parameters with the shrinkage procentage that is written on the zirconia disk package. Was i right ?

that's usually how it works

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hello friends! So i want to know what kind of zirconium blanks do you use in your laboratory? Has anyone tried HUGE Zirconium or ACONIA ? I m interested in the multilayers blank but also the white ones. I've heard that the HUGE zirconia is using TOSOH powder which I know that is quite good.
Thanks

It's not all about the powder supplier (Tosoh, etc),if that were the case then all disks made with Tosoh powder would be the same (and they aren't). It has more to do with the binders, colorants, conditioners added, the manufacturing process (uniaxial pressing only or also cold isostatic pressing),and the pre-sinter temperature. These all affect the milling, sintering, fit, color, and translucency.

So just because it is Tosoh powders, doesn't mean it is a quality product (although it is a good sign the company is paying for them).

G

grantoz

Reaction score
be careful with layered ZI as the incisal trans area is usually a lot weaker than the dentine area i gave a talk on this the other day.its only as strong as your weakest part.

V

Vlad Popescu

Reaction score
It's not all about the powder supplier (Tosoh, etc),if that were the case then all disks made with Tosoh powder would be the same (and they aren't). It has more to do with the binders, colorants, conditioners added, the manufacturing process (uniaxial pressing only or also cold isostatic pressing),and the pre-sinter temperature. These all affect the milling, sintering, fit, color, and translucency.

So just because it is Tosoh powders, doesn't mean it is a quality product (although it is a good sign the company is paying for them).
Hello! Thanks for your answer, did you heard anything about HUGE zirconia ?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hello! Thanks for your answer, did you heard anything about HUGE zirconia ?

Sorry, I've seen some ads, but nothing really.

I just wanted to add some clarity concerning zirconia powders and companies claiming they use a certain powder supplier as a claim to quality.

And to be transparent, I do work for Ivoclar Vivadent, but I'm not downplaying Huge, their zirconia may be good, but i have no experience with it.

Ros Russle

Ros Russle

Reaction score
Thanks
My friend in LA tried Aconia multilayer, they really like it and asked me to switch to it. Then a rep comes in and told me that you can polish and not glaze with Aconia, maybe I should give it a try.Hmmmm2Hmmmm2Hmmmm2

V

Vlad Popescu

Reaction score
My friend in LA tried Aconia multilayer, they really like it and asked me to switch to it. Then a rep comes in and told me that you can polish and not glaze with Aconia, maybe I should give it a try.Hmmmm2Hmmmm2Hmmmm2
Hello! Thanks for your answer, i don't know what to say about the glazing..I mean what can stop you to glaze it?