Nay Miniglaze 2 zirconia glassing setting?

K

Komprezzor

Reaction score
Hi guys Im starting a small c&b lab and money is a but tight atm after buying a 3shape scanner and their software, Im planning on outsurcing the mills to Alienmilling and wanted to know if anyone knew or have used the Ney Miniglaze? This seems to be about as much I can afford at the moment to glaze and do contact addons , any help would be appreciated !!

K

Komprezzor

Reaction score
Sorry I just realized I miss spell glazing sorry

user name

user name

Reaction score
Why 3Shape? You could have purchased a better scanner, better software for less than half the price. Now youre planning on outsourcing to get the crappiest Zr out there from a company thats marketing to Drs and trying to take you out of the loop.

Do everyone a favor and get a different job.

user name

user name

Reaction score
That sounds rude, but either do it well or do something else. Would you want a Dr using your equivalent to put work in your wifes/daughters mouth? Alien makes Glidewell look good.

K

Komprezzor

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, but going to pass on your advice lol, as if a single line from a unknown person is going to stop me lol, so any advice on the miniglaze?

K

Komprezzor

Reaction score
Im disappointed on the replies so far but thanks for the valuable advice

doug

doug

Reaction score
I have 2 Ney miniglaze ovens. I don't use them anymore as they are temperamental as far as getting the proper temp and maintaining it. Why not call Garland and see if they have a better option, maybe a re-furbished unit, that will do what you want?

K

Komprezzor

Reaction score
I have 2 Ney miniglaze ovens. I don't use them anymore as they are temperamental as far as getting the proper temp and maintaining it. Why not call Garland and see if they have a better option, maybe a re-furbished unit, that will do what you want?
Thanks for restoring my faith in humanity, you reply means a lot os for the other people and their replies well I hope you all have a great day :) I really mean it as it seems their life is miserable lol

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
If you can get something from Garland with vacuum, could help your oven be more future proof all around for build ups, major porcelain add ons, especially for tissue on extraction sites (including fcz bridges). Some Drs let those heal, some like more of an immediate pontic in the semi healed site, but vacuum comes in handy when it's a bigger porcelain add on.

Last edited:
RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Thanks for restoring my faith in humanity, you reply means a lot os for the other people and their replies well I hope you all have a great day :) I really mean it as it seems their life is miserable lol
You seem to to be the one with the negative attitude. You received some sound advice about purchasing used furnace verses a Ney miniglaze, and you come back with that response??? I wish you luck in your endeavor, because you are going to need it, as it sounds like you are a hobbyist, and not a dental lab technician.

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Komprezzor, maybe give Argen a call, and see what they can offer as far as your zirconia work.
They aren't as cheap as Alien, but are a better company to work with, esp. reputation wise.

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
And I just can't get away from them, they're here, and they also have a banner ad on Winvoice Online.

Last edited:
Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
with So many labs in the racing to the bottom games nowadays, we, the keepers of the flame trying to encourage fellow techs in racing to the top as much as we can.
So my friend have a thicker skin and you will be rewarded with the best advice anywhere from techs who lost their teeth perfecting this profession.

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
Hi guys Im starting a small c&b lab and money is a but tight atm after buying a 3shape scanner and their software, Im planning on outsurcing the mills to Alienmilling and wanted to know if anyone knew or have used the Ney Miniglaze? This seems to be about as much I can afford at the moment to glaze and do contact addons , any help would be appreciated !!
Komprezzor,
Its a shame you didn't take full advantage of DLN before ordering any equipment /buying a scanner, and now your asking about buying an antique Ney Miniglazer. Its really hard not to laugh ! sorry !!!
I'm an older tech and older DLN member so I will try to be extra polite... lol
Question to you........why do you think you can run a real dental lab with Miniglazer oven that doesn't have vacuum ? Its hard to take anyone serious with that being your first question...
Its never a good idea to assume, but I assume you have very little experience in dental lab or maybe not a tech ? Now to answer your question, don't even think about using a Miniglazer oven, not even if someone gives you one free. I've seen them for sell as low as $100. used, from friends trying to get rid of it. If you can't afford a real porcelain oven you can't afford to open a dental lab.
Here's my advice, start a new post on DLN, bet you can pick up a used older oven for less than $1000. with vacuum pump from DLN members willing to help you out.
Hopefully a used oven will last 6 or so months and later on buy a new oven.
Lastly, take full advantage of DLN for help and try to make long lasting friendships. We're here for you !
Best of luck

K

Komprezzor

Reaction score
Komprezzor,
Its a shame you didn't take full advantage of DLN before ordering any equipment /buying a scanner, and now your asking about buying an antique Ney Miniglazer. Its really hard not to laugh ! sorry !!!
I'm an older tech and older DLN member so I will try to be extra polite... lol
Question to you........why do you think you can run a real dental lab with Miniglazer oven that doesn't have vacuum ? Its hard to take anyone serious with that being your first question...
Its never a good idea to assume, but I assume you have very little experience in dental lab or maybe not a tech ? Now to answer your question, don't even think about using a Miniglazer oven, not even if someone gives you one free. I've seen them for sell as low as $100. used, from friends trying to get rid of it. If you can't afford a real porcelain oven you can't afford to open a dental lab.
Here's my advice, start a new post on DLN, bet you can pick up a used older oven for less than $1000. with vacuum pump from DLN members willing to help you out.
Hopefully a used oven will last 6 or so months and later on buy a new oven.
Lastly, take full advantage of DLN for help and try to make long lasting friendships. We're here for you !
Best of luck
Great advice!! I really appreciate it, as for the Forum goes it seems to be frequented by people very passionate and experienced, I might take a break from it and come back in 40 or so years once Im full of knowledge and can sarcastically laugh at some new confused guy looking for help, thanks for the help to those who answered my question honestly and with sincerity!!

C

charles007

Reaction score
Going to assume 40 years is probably a good idea Banghead

doug

doug

Reaction score
Komprezzor, you have made 10 posts on here. After about 15 or 20 more you will realize that no one on here wishes you to fail. You will also grow a bit thicker skin and be able to post a really crazy question, get beaten down by everyone, and no care. It's just the way the interwebs work. I tend to only try to help, but have been know to beat down a person of FB for being just plain stupid. It's all part of the growing process. don't go away, keep asking and keep contributing. we will all be better for it. A ney miniglaze is good for drying the cement on a Ti-base implant do you can take the pieces apart easily.