NAS storage preventing 3shape Communicate from working

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
If anyone has any insights it would be appreciated.

One server/design pc and one scan/client
NAS stores all scanned files/designs/CAM output (data output directories pointed to NAS)
design PC can receive Trios cases in the Dental Manager Inbox
The scan computer does not show cases in the Communicate Inbox
Both computers directories are pointing to the NAS but only one is receiving the trios cases.

Any idea what the work around could be if there is?
3Shape didn't have any success and nor did the vendor support

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
Communicate is a mess. We love the Trios scans, but the way Communicate works is a pain.

Maybe you have done this already, but I would check that 3Shape communicate folder points to the NAS as well.
It has its own setting for the folder, independent from cases and CAM output.

Control Panel - 3Shape Communicate - Click the "Configure" link on the left side - Advanced

You will then be able to set the folder.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Odd cause the N.A.S. is just the storage locations and the PC is the source communicatiing with the 3shape Communicate. All permissions are set to allow read/write? The design is it a client or a standalone? Maybe if it is a standalong and yo uenebaled communicate on its control panel you now have teo pc's fighting to get the cases and that is not good regardless if the both place the files in the same location.

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
Correct all permissions are allowed, design is server and scan is client pc.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
If anyone has any insights it would be appreciated.

One server/design pc and one scan/client
NAS stores all scanned files/designs/CAM output (data output directories pointed to NAS)
design PC can receive Trios cases in the Dental Manager Inbox
The scan computer does not show cases in the Communicate Inbox
Both computers directories are pointing to the NAS but only one is receiving the trios cases.

Any idea what the work around could be if there is?
3Shape didn't have any success and nor did the vendor support
Can you navigate to the folder and see the files in Explorer from both machines?

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
We started receiving files through #shape communicate, that are in png format. We can not open them, photo only. Is this png format due to the client not post processing the files before sending them?

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
We started receiving files through #shape communicate, that are in png format. We can not open them, photo only. Is this png format due to the client not post processing the files before sending them?
I came here to figure out the same thing. We don't have 3Shape but want to accept files through Communicate. I figured out how to save the scan as an .stl but it has to be saved on a folder and then sent through a different method. I'm trying to find a way where the dr can just hit the button and we get the scan that isn't a .png.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
I came here to figure out the same thing. We don't have 3Shape but want to accept files through Communicate. I figured out how to save the scan as an .stl but it has to be saved on a folder and then sent through a different method. I'm trying to find a way where the dr can just hit the button and we get the scan that isn't a .png.
Yes, so far in our experience, Communicate is no different than just having the client drag and drop the files into a new folder and then email it to us wothout the additional costs of Communicate. I have watched several vidoes on Communicate, and even the top players have to create a new folder for each case before sending the scans. Communicate has been a waste, so far. I spent two hours on team viewer with the 3Shape Communicate support team, and the workflow that they used to accept files, convert them and begin design was just as cumbersome as what we were trying to do. Not impressed.......Banghead

This thread may be helpful.
https://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/dental-i-o-scan-workflows.29575/

Last edited:
Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
Yes, so far in our experience, Communicate is no different than just having the client drag and drop the files into a new folder and then email it to us wothout the additional costs of Communicate. I have watched several vidoes on Communicate, and even the top players have to create a new folder for each case before sending the scans. Communicate has been a waste, so far. I spent two hours on team viewer with the 3Shape Communicate support team, and the workflow that they used to accept files, convert them and begin design was just as cumbersome as what we were trying to do. Not impressed.......Banghead

This thread may be helpful.
https://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/dental-i-o-scan-workflows.29575/
Thank you for the link. I had read that thread a while back but I'll give it another read. I'm not sure I can convince this Dr to do three steps when right now he can hit one button and have it sent to another lab. We're getting very little support from the company and it's been overall frustrating. I did find, through a Facebook discussion, that setting up folders and emailing the file or uploading to drive is the only way outside of having a 3Shape system. I was hoping to find a workaround that would be fewer steps for the dentist.

Top Bottom