Name inside acrylic

O

orthoace

Reaction score
Hi

One of my head orthos wants me to place the name of his patient in the acrylic appliances, he said his old technician did it for him (just hand writing the names into the appliances)

Does anyone know where I can get this paper or the quickest process to do this. - I will not be charging for this service as he's a big client etc!

I've tried printing patients name then stick clear tape both sides but the time it takes (typing, printing a few names, cutting, sticking) is a slow process.

Thanks

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi

One of my head orthos wants me to place the name of his patient in the acrylic appliances, he said his old technician did it for him (just hand writing the names into the appliances)

Does anyone know where I can get this paper or the quickest process to do this. - I will not be charging for this service as he's a big client etc!

I've tried printing patients name then stick clear tape both sides but the time it takes (typing, printing a few names, cutting, sticking) is a slow process.

Thanks
There's a couple of threads on here about this
Cheapest seems to be onion skin paper on a typewriter and cold cure clear acrylic over it.
Some was having great success using a Brother label printer too.
Shrinky Dink Material was another winner.

Use the search engine of your choice and hit the 'advanced search' thingy, tell it to only return results from dentallabnetwork.com and you can find everything here.
The site's engine is about as good as it can be made.

edited to remove my stupidity as pointed out kindly below.

Last edited:
kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Shrinks dinks that are shrunk. Trust me on this one.
If you want a proper name you have to take some time.
Quit giving away your labor. You're only screwing yourself. Name is only a $10 surcharge most places.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Shrinks dinks that are shrunk. Trust me on this one.
If you want a proper name you have to take some time.
Quit giving away your labor. You're only screwing yourself. Name is only a $10 surcharge most places.
$10 is way undercharging in our area. $25 here using onion skin.

O

orthoace

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for all the info!

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
We use regular printer paper, dig out a little of the pink acrylic and then coat over with clear acrylic.

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
We've done the shrinky dink thing for years. Need to control the warpage. Found that using a heat gun (ie Wagner at Home Depot)- that is made to strip paint works fantastic. We also will use an old fashioned typewriter and print on white tissue paper, the kind that lazy people stuff into gift bags when they do not want to take the time to wrap a gift. It is easier to read than when it is shrunk. The ink doesn't run with the liquid monomer. It is very thin. Place clear acrylic over the top after creating adequate space. Very cheap, very easy.

Top Bottom