My turn to ask for help from Darwin or anyone

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Was placed more than 15 years ago, screw was a 0.050" hex head but this looked like a Zimmer Advent 4.7.
Pt had broken abutment screw that I just recovered carefully.
Too generic for WhatImplantIsThis site to pin-point and pt too uncomfortable for me to take a vertical PA.
Sorry,
LCM

Attachments

• Zimmer type mand ant implants 2020June22.jpg
    Zimmer type mand ant implants 2020June22.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 36
Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Have a picture of the broken screw?

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Thanks Jo, sorry forgot to mention you; not yet but will take and post after this when I get to office.
LCM

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Update - confirmed with Zimmer and they provided the info - got the screw for their TSV implants.
Tested clinically and deployed 2 new screws.
Thank you all for the help.
LCM

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Would be great if there was a national register with patient name, dr name, brand of implant and size placed. But that would never fly with hipaa.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Or we could actually expect placement docs to hand a copy of the surgical letter to the Pt and expect the Pt to keep up with it. But that's too easy.
I think I'd remember where I went to get titanium screwed into my cranium, but noooooooo, that's expecting too much.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
it would also be nice to have a company that made custom pieces for old implants, like this.

longevity of the company in question would depend on implant companies failing or short supply.

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Titanimplants.com has some parts for old systems

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Seems like there will be an old implant parts company in another 5 -10 years. I don't know if there are enough "old enough" implants in volume to warrant a company being able to sustain itself. As more patents and systems go out of fashion, and implant companies willing to part with their "secrets" I think something will come into existence.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Or we could actually expect placement docs to hand a copy of the surgical letter to the Pt and expect the Pt to keep up with it. But that's too easy.
I think I'd remember where I went to get titanium screwed into my cranium, but noooooooo, that's expecting too much.

I routinely place the implant sticker on the manufacturer pamphlet and hand it to the patient after implant surgery
and tell them we have electronic version, so the patient gets to keep the sticker.
Many just take a look and stash it with their bag or paperwork after that.
LCM

Top Bottom