My turn to ask for help from Darwin or anyone

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Was placed more than 15 years ago, screw was a 0.050" hex head but this looked like a Zimmer Advent 4.7.
Pt had broken abutment screw that I just recovered carefully.
Too generic for WhatImplantIsThis site to pin-point and pt too uncomfortable for me to take a vertical PA.
Sorry,
LCM

Attachments

OP
lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Thanks Jo, sorry forgot to mention you; not yet but will take and post after this when I get to office.
LCM

OP
lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Update - confirmed with Zimmer and they provided the info - got the screw for their TSV implants.
Tested clinically and deployed 2 new screws.
Thank you all for the help.
LCM

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Would be great if there was a national register with patient name, dr name, brand of implant and size placed. But that would never fly with hipaa.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Or we could actually expect placement docs to hand a copy of the surgical letter to the Pt and expect the Pt to keep up with it. But that's too easy.
I think I'd remember where I went to get titanium screwed into my cranium, but noooooooo, that's expecting too much.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
it would also be nice to have a company that made custom pieces for old implants, like this.

longevity of the company in question would depend on implant companies failing or short supply.

JKraver

JKraver

Seems like there will be an old implant parts company in another 5 -10 years. I don't know if there are enough "old enough" implants in volume to warrant a company being able to sustain itself. As more patents and systems go out of fashion, and implant companies willing to part with their "secrets" I think something will come into existence.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!
    Top Bottom