My personal reasons for hating China Labs

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
The saga continues

We have a doctor that associtates with one of our accounts. He also had associated with a different office that we have for an account. He doesn't want to own his own practice for some reason. Anyway, we get a call the other day from him. He's got a case from a different office that he also works for that needs a contact between to crowns. My boss says OK we'll do it. We get the case in and it's a pick-up impression with the 2 crowns. I make the model and we look at the teeth. Big gap between the crowns, about 2 business cards thick. They were wicked light so we figured they were np which they were. The margins were thick to hide the black oxide. Overall the porcelain color was pretty good but the contours were not right. Very straight and anglular. While we're working on the case, my boss gets a call from the doctor. He was calling from the office he did the work at. We look at the caller id and guess who it is? None other than the office of my cousin's chinalab owner prosthazzhole husband. That's right, our account also associates with HIM. He goes on to tell my boss that the lab that did the work is owned by the prick. He didn't want to send it back because it would have taken too long.:rolleyes: He's got no clue we know the whole story and they're china crowns. Oh, and he told my boss, the prothazzhole is trying to get BU and Harvard to send to his chinalab too. Ain't life grand?:mad:
We charged him double for the fix....

95 years

Reaction score
The ugly dentist

Since you know this Dentists ugly ways are there any really good Labs in in China or Asia?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Look at Dentsply.....(PriDent)

They own two jets and an airport in China, if I'm not mistaken.

Does that answer your question?

If ya can't beat it.......

Little labs pop up that steal from Prident, and are ex-employees.
The Chinese govn't prob wants to own a similar business and keep ALL the profit. So Dentsply better watch their step!

This business sucks sometimes!

Support America and go out of business? Join the CAD/CAM stuff? Charge more and do a better job? Get smaller? Get bigger?
Don't ask me!

Last edited:
L

labdude

Reaction score
Get elected to a high office.
When you feel that burning sensation from behind, you can follow the money trail to the cause.

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
High office, hell! any elected office gets you perks for life. Like health insurance. We have a city CFO who worked 6 yrs and is retiring soon. $5000 a month for life pension. Look up the retirement plans for state legislators...it's....now look what you've done! I got to go get my meds.

L

labdude

Reaction score
Well gee Tim.....that's what I mean...all the perks.....
Senators get no Social Security however, they are forced to live on whatever their pay was when they retired, poor guys.
Transferable to their wives I believe.
Now, take your meds.

A

AL1

Reaction score
I worked in the dental school at the University of Washington for 30 years and ethics wasn't a priority.
My last year there a lot of the work was sent out to commercial labs the criteria as to which lab got the most work wasn't quality but price, I know because the person that sent the work to the different labs went on vacation and told me which lab to send most of the work to, a lab in the area not known for quality but price.
I asked one of the faculty who was on so called quality control about their work and he said it was the best mediocre work he has seen.
The contract for outside labs was supposed to go out to bid but some of the faculty convinced the powers at be to circumvent the laws of the state.
Then I saw an email from a group of faculty thanking that lab for their contribution to their dental group.
Sounds like a kick back to me.
Dentists have no over site once they get out of school, we make them look good and cover up their mistakes.
I noticed a definite transition once a lot of the students graduated from nice to horeses ass( not to insult a horse).

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
24 hour (or faster) turn around on monolithic crowns, made from digital impressions will make this all just a bad page out of the history books.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
It is already being done by Don Albensi!!

And already being done my us too!

Glidewell only processed 412 cases off digital impressions (model-less) last month, so it's not like it's being done on any super broad basis, but will grow as more and more scanners are in the field. That's the only thing holding it back.

I'm very good friends with Don and his brother (who also has a lab),and have been to his lab a few times.

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
I'll ask my professor in fixed class on this Firday where we (BU) send our lab work. I think we do a fair amount of it here on campus? I have a few friends at Tufts who might be able to find out what's going on over there as well.

Mark, thanks for bringing a little sunshine (and foresight) into this gloomy thread! I was convinced I would have to choose between China and CEREC by the time I graduate after reading through all the posts.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'll ask my professor in fixed class on this Firday where we (BU) send our lab work. I think we do a fair amount of it here on campus? I have a few friends at Tufts who might be able to find out what's going on over there as well.

Mark, thanks for bringing a little sunshine (and foresight) into this gloomy thread! I was convinced I would have to choose between China and CEREC by the time I graduate after reading through all the posts.

You can always come to Canadan where you would excell with your skills.:D