My personal reasons for hating China Labs

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
My second cousin married a prosthodontist in the late 80s. He went to Tufts. I knew him when he went to school. He knew I was a dental technnician and we had talked shop when I had seen him. He seemed OK at the time. Of course when he finished his schooling he started the assent to elitism. He was an instructor at Tufts and I think still does occasionally. By the mid 90s he was a full blown ass wipe. My brother-in-law says he's so stuck up he can't go out in the rain or he'll drownd. I've seen him at the Yankee Dental Conference with my wife (a hygenist) and he's walked right past me, ignoring my hello. So his wife's family is related to my mother so when my mother got sick a few years ago my cousin came to visit. That's when I found out some information that totally pissed me off. Mr. Stuck Up Prosthodontist got together with a Chinesse dentist that he went to school with and opened a lab up in China. The other dentist went back to China to run it. My second cousin is the manager for the operation here. She has an office at the Ahole's practice. So, we have a prosthodonist making more money than God in a fancy practice in a very rich town joining up with a foreigner to take bread off the dental techician's table. He used to use a very good lab in NH, in fact his mother-in-law (my first cousin) had work done by them. It was real nice work. I don't know who does his work now. I do know he is soliciting work from dr's in the area to send work to his China lab. I don't know if they even know the work is going overseas. If they do know then they are just as big of jerks as he is. So now when I see my cousin drive up in a that new Lexus SUV and hear about her children going to private schools and big name colleges and the vactions in Europe, etc, etc, I cringe and want to smack her off the side of head. Her and her hubbies operation is taking work away from local lab guys like me. WE are earning less, working harder and still get shafted. I really don't give a flying **** about the guy in China trying to make a living. This is my work, my livelyhood, my house and retirement being sold out for cheapness and to feather the nest of an already comfortable life that pond scum sucking douchebag has. I hope he gets pancreatic cancer and dies a slow painful death after he's sued by a patient for lead posioning. So that is my little story on why I hate China labs.:mad:

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
You should forward that to her in email..........wow, that'll blow your hair back!!!!!!!

P.S. As for the Doctor, what a douche bag......another unpatriotic profitable dental slut to the industry pointed out.

L

labdude

Reaction score
So Mike...tell us how you REALLY feel. LOL...that was great.
Follow the money, you find the cause. Dr. Awipe in this case.
The main thing it boils down to, is ethics, greed, and arrogance.
The things Dr. A wipe thinks he is made of, and clearly has no idea what those things are.
May he wear the new rear lower portion you just carved out.
Nice to have a place to vent isn't it?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I have a few stories, but not much better than that.

I hope high quality will keep us going a few more years......

I'm sorry to admit that I have a Class II import license from FDA for Medical Devices (2007/2008, don't know the status of my business now that it's 2009. I never re-registered). I don't know what I was thinking.

I tried a few labs including Prident......all the crowns are still in my lab, or at my brothers office (he's a Dentist). They were not cemented, and I remade all of them at my cost, and very late. End of that experiment.

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I tried a few labs including Prident......all the crowns are still in my lab, or at my brothers office (he's a Dentist). They were not cemented, and I remade all of them at my cost, and very late. End of that experiment.

I know you remade them, but why? Just for your conscious? or was the quality that bad? How was the quality?.......just curious, heard it looks really manufactured over there.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
I'll probably run into the prick next week. Oh well. I did tell my cousin I didn't like what she was doing but you know that just flew right over her head. She's got her comfy life all carved out for herself. Ugh. In my own family.
I'm not some super patriot, actually I'm on the left of politics but man, we have to do something to keep Americans employed in manufacturing jobs. With all the jobs shipped over to China all that is left is flipping burgers. Businesses need a tax incentives to keep the cost of manufacturing down enough to keep them from going overseas and some kind of tariff to keep the playing field level. The "bottom liners" are what's doing it. For a few percent more of profit they'll send to China with no regard to what it's doing to Americans. Greed. That's the sin of this time period.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I know you remade them, but why? Just for your conscious? or was the quality that bad? How was the quality?.......just curious, heard it looks really manufactured over there.

All the die spacer was rubbed off. The porcelain looked to be press to metal and the porc had pretty big bubbles deep inside. Looked like foam and raised the value. (too white with air)

I took a handpiece to one and it pretty much exploded.

THe metal was not very good.

Wax lines inside with poor adaptation, very much too tight.

Dies had been ruined.

I started all over.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
Sounds like a horror show. As Grumpy on TB says, Pay peanuts get monkeys.:rolleyes:

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
Adding to the story...

I went to the Yankee Dental Congress last week. I had met a Dr. from the Cerec.net board and he was demonstrating the new AC for Sirona so I stopped by the booth. We talked and he demonstrated the AC for me. He was great, very down to earth and knowlegable, young too. Later on swung by to ask a question that popped into my head. He was demonstrating the AC to a pair of student Drs about to graduate in the spring. They were engaged. He was a tall thin white dude and she was a tiny (I mean pipsqeak) asian girl. Dr. Mike showed them the AC and asked if they got to use Tuft's Cerec machines. He said no and was kind of upset. Then he blurts out they make them send their restorations to China! He goes on to say they are ugly and the margins stink. I'm standing there saying to myself, there you go-the ass wipe got the students from Tuft's work being sent to his China lab. Cozy deal, teach and get money from the lab bills all the while American lab guys are losing their jobs. Dr. Mike says he would never use a China lab then he looks at me. I looked at the pipsqeak and thought well if she's Chinesse I don't want to offend her so I said, "I'll reserve my comment on China Labs." They knew from the tone of my voice I HATED them. Makes me want to mail a box of my dog's **** to that ass clown.:mad:

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
At Tufts University?......... I believe Dr. Miller still runs the Prosthodontics there, might be worth a phone call...........

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Could be the institution has put financial pressures in play that leave no alternative. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for domestic production and would personally never outsource overseas, but some places think an American technician should be willing to bust balls just to get less than living wage and that's plain stupid.

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
At Tufts University?......... I believe Dr. Miller still runs the Prosthodontics there, might be worth a phone call...........

Rob,

If you are making reference to Dr. Lloyd Miller, he passed away.

Russell T. DeVreugd, CDT

A

alamarlab

Reaction score
Russell T. DeVreugd, CDT

Hey Russ, Long time, no see. Good to see you are still out there, hope you are well.

I am still at it here in Santa Barbara. I guess retirement is out of the question now, but I am still enjoying Family, Home and work.

Steve Padrick
Santa Barbara, Ca

Sorry for the thread hijack.....

95 years

Reaction score
Pronto,

That whole story is terrible. What lab was this honorable dentist sending to in China?

Thanks,

Roberta

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
Would it be Tiananmen Dental Lab in Beijing, established in 1989? Seems they had several Tanks they could melt down and recast.
240px-Tianasquare.jpg

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
Pronto,

That whole story is terrible. What lab was this honorable dentist sending to in China?

Thanks,

Roberta

Never got the name of the lab. I was too pissed to listen to my cousin anymore.

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
LoL! How did I miss this thread? You know every prosthodontist I've met seemed stuck up and I know some dentists that hate prosthodontists.

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
.... some dentists that hate prosthodontists.
They are just jealous. Many are prosthodontist wannabes who don't have the dedication to actually become one. So if you can't join 'em, you knock 'em. They will still worship guys like Gordon Christianson, and takes courses from Prosthodontist and then want to call themselves implantologists.