My new, new scanner....

R

reqvaa

Reaction score
excuse me? You think you know something sir?

No, i know i'm not!
But i know, you know that all - how young virgins do the extra precision optics at the morning with the eaglehorns around.

%)

ps. why so mad?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Do all potential customers get treated like red-headed step children?

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
So whats the difference, the outsides look identical?

ai.imgur.com_FSHRTBb.jpg
ai.imgur.com_FSHRTBb.jpg

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
can i run my 3shape software with it scott....coz its so much better than exocad!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Realized it was a repost

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Like who exactly are you refering to?

Bob and DigitalDentist? They are my competition, not potential customers.

I will gladly correct them in my own thread, thank you very much. :yo:

Maybe you mean Tyler at Parkway? Or others jumping in this thread talking smack?

I know Tyler, and I doubt i am pissing him off much. He is a tough guy and can hold his own.

I know most of these people, so relax.
If you have a specific example of something I should appologise for, then go ahead and call me out on it.

Scott

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
So whats the difference, the outsides look identical?

Rex,

I think you already know the answer to this question, but I will explain to ya.

One is completly closed system.

It means it does not produce an open file format of the scan data. You are locked into using either 32-bit Lava 5 software, or a closed version of Dental Wings. Soon, it will work with a CLOSED version of exocad. Design Options are limited and you will be forced into yearly contract, or you get stuck with worthless piece of equip.

The other can be bought with 1, 2, 3, 5, and even 8mp cameras running OPEN 64-bit Steinbichler scanning software and coupled to exocad and also will work within exocad (by using exoSCAN software, or not) It produces open stl scan files. The other does not.

The interior is flat Black on mine to reduce noise data, the Jensen/3M version has bright interior surface.

There are no yearly fees with the One I bought. No stupid license transfer fees or such.

I see this as a MAJOR difference. No?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Like who exactly are you refering to?

Bob and DigitalDentist? They are my competition, not potential customers.

I will gladly correct them in my own thread, thank you very much. :yo:

Maybe you mean Tyler at Parkway? Or others jumping in this thread talking smack?

I know Tyler, and I doubt i am pissing him off much. He is a tough guy and can hold his own.

I know most of these people, so relax.
If you have a specific example of something I should appologise for, then go ahead and call me out on it.

Scott

Lol I've just been in that kind of smack talking mood today. I don't take anything personal, it's all business and fun and games. Scott you know a lot and I applaud you talent and skills and I see your points. I'm just an old dog that hates learning new tricks and like what I am comfortable with that's all.

How's this I'm sure the scanner is better then 3Shape or you wouldn't touch it, I just love the 3Shape design software. I think if this scanner could work with the 3Shape design software I think it would be killer.

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
can i run my 3shape software with it scott....coz its so much better than exocad!

Then why is exocad now the best selling software on the planet with more partners than all other software combined?

It can do everything that 3shape can do and more, for less than 1/2 the cost.

You can sell a license of exocad without paying stupid fees.

The software can be user modified and you can create your own implant library, and make your own anatomical library.

You have many choices as far as scanners. You have much experience with exocad?

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
Rex,

I think you already know the answer to this question, but I will explain to ya.

One is completly closed system.

It means it does not produce an open file format of the scan data. You are locked into using either 32-bit Lava 5 software, or a closed version of Dental Wings. Soon, it will work with a CLOSED version of exocad. Design Options are limited and you will be forced into yearly contract, or you get stuck with worthless piece of equip.

The other can be bought with 1, 2, 3, 5, and even 8mp cameras running OPEN 64-bit Steinbichler scanning software and coupled to exocad and also will work within exocad (by using exoSCAN software, or not) It produces open stl scan files. The other does not.

The interior is flat Black on mine to reduce noise data, the Jensen/3M version has bright interior surface.

There are no yearly fees with the One I bought. No stupid license transfer fees or such.

I see this as a MAJOR difference. No?

Ok thanks for the info..yea was curious about the innards not the software, Im going to be very curious to see how this plays out w/Jensen...want to keep my options open...by that I mean if I have to hack the scanner so the hardware can be updated to run open...assuming that's possible....

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Ah....It has a high-lift Edelbrock camshaft with solid lifters.

1.6 ratio rocker arms and Titanium valve spring retainers.

Beehive springs with high rating are used.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
Ah....It has a high-lift Edelbrock camshaft with solid lifters.

1.6 ratio rocker arms and Titanium valve spring retainers.

Beehive springs with high rating are used.[/QUO

Smart a55, I will be checking you guys out in Chicago. I am having fun with what we have but as you know I need an implant abutment solution and soon. I did not realize you were going to go after that market so seriously. Any way super cam reverse engineering machine sales and service guru, is the st II using an adequate camera for bars? And what stops you from buying a older scanner stI and using the old stienbichler scanning software? I know I didn't follow through before on potential frame options from your new capabilities,because the new dual application porcelain I was beta testing only came with zr liners and no opaques for ti, have you or your guys tried using a lgd or luci file yet. Just curious.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, I cannot help it.

My fingers are stronger than I thought?

Anyways...I have been trying to do this for years and years. (and years and years!)

I am not about to just blurt out all I have learned.

I hold back sometimes the real juicy info. LOL

Sorry.

All Steinbichler scanners are good. The higher resolution cameras that are used = larger scanning window without loss of data or accuracy.

The oldest Lava scanner has tiny window, but amazing accuracy.

Original STII is better, with a larger window, but still 32-bit.

There is a newer STII and a half that has even a better camera and 64-bit software. (With the Blue light)

Where do you think you are going to come across any steinbichler software, Old or new?

It's not that easy.

We can get an stl from any Lava scanner, if that is what you are asking?

I use Two user accounts so my total post count will not be higher than Travis, the site owner.

I will let him hold that title of highest posts.

If I, or anyone approaches his post count, I think he has some stupid automated bot that posts up garbage that I hate to sift through to find something worth reading. LOL

(Hi Travis!)

Last edited:
ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
So..........you can? make things from .lbt file for small conversion fee?

S

Scanner Man

Reaction score
Where do I start..

First off the German VDI/VDE 2634 is a German standard and not an internationally accepted standard so most non contact scanners will not test to this standard also it is not a dental related standard either.

We all know that ISO 12836 is the standard for dental scanners and eventually systems will provide results according to this standard. So hopefully we can rank them according to some independent standard soon.

As for bars.. Nobel will not be using 3Shape for bars. Abutments probably but the accuracy required for abutments is not even close to a multi implant bar case.
The 3Shape D800 series of scanners in most cases can do bars just fine.
The lower model 3Shapes will be hit or miss. Scan bodies and implant type will play a big role in determining if they fit.

Steinbichler products are great and you can't say anything bad about them. They will have a limited market due to price but if you want high end systems then you will pay. *** is correct that if you want the best system a large mass will help in stabilizing measurements. Is the Steinbichler overkill for dental probably but if you have the money and room and want a system that even on it's wort day will be better than most then why not...

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Never said you should apologize, everyone here knows you wouldnt do that. I was just asking if you have the same attitude towards the people that would potentially give 30k for this scanner.. Your reputation on this forum is notorious: self-professed superior intellect, rudely belittling all the peons. Youre the one that puts it out there for everyone to see, and Im not the only one that sees it. As if this thread were the only place youve been rude to people.. Its 'your' thread, do what you will.. but people buy YOU just as much as the scanner. You rip Glenn, but at least hes courteous regardless if his product is inferior.
You can rip me if you want, but I have no beef, its just an observation. Be true to yourself.

"Until you love everyone, youll never sell anyone." -jerry mcguire

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Who said I have to have everyone love me?? That has never been a concern of mine.

Again, what potential customer do you think I have done wrong?

Now you say Glen?? LOL How do you figure he would ever be my customer?

He is not even a tech! Go ahead and tell me what the hell you are talking about.

Feel free to be specific. I do not act rude or sarcastic for no reason at all.

It is only after someone says something stupid or is hard-headed with wrong "facts" in my thread in an attempt to knock me down or disprove me with bogus theorys and ideas.

You can act as you please, and I will do the same. Don't care at all if you approve or not. I don't need your approval.

Everyone on this forum is a grown adult, and I do not need you to tell me how to run my business. I have no regrets.

Cheers!:)

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
"grown adult"

Interesting choice of words..

Top Bottom