Music in the Lab

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Two names I had not heard of before, and no, one was NOT Joe :) :)

In reading about him on Wiki, he is obviously very accomplished. This caught my eye, and you can see him really using his thumb @1:51 and beyond.

"Emmanuel often curls his left thumb around the neck of the guitar onto the fretboard to play some notes, rather than using only his fingers to play — contrary to how classical guitarists play, but not unusual for jazz and country guitarists".
Tommy is amazing! We've seen him twice, first time hubby said he was going to go home and throw ALL of his guitars over the balcony railing!!Laugh

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Tommy is amazing! We've seen him twice, first time hubby said he was going to go home and throw ALL of his guitars over the balcony railing!!Laugh

Does he still play? Acoustic guitar?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Good one Doris, a double Winner for sure. For the song itself, and its reference to Thanksgiving.

"Now it all started two Thanksgivings ago, was on - two years ago onThanksgiving, when my friend and I went up to visit Alice at the Restaurant, but..."

"Well we got there and there was a big sign and a chain across across the Dump saying, "Closed on Thanksgiving." And we had never heard of a dump Closed on Thanksgiving before, and with tears in our eyes we drove off into the sunset looking for another place to put the garbage".

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Good one Doris, a double Winner for sure. For the song itself, and it's reference to Thanksgiving.

"Now it all started two Thanksgivings ago, was on - two years ago on
Thanksgiving, when my friend and I went up to visit Alice at the
Restaurant, but..." Well we got there and there was a big sign and a chain across across the
Dump saying, "Closed on Thanksgiving." And we had never heard of a dump
Closed on Thanksgiving before, and with tears in our eyes we drove off
Into the sunset looking for another place to put the garbage".
There is a radio station here that plays it every Thanksgiving.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score

I just heard on the radio yesterday that Bill Withers kept his day job in a factory that made toilet seats while he recorded music at night.
When Lean on Me was released, his record company sent him a gold plated toilet seat and told him to quit his day job!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I just heard on the radio yesterday that Bill Withers kept his day job in a factory that made toilet seats while he recorded music at night.
When Lean on Me was released, his record company sent him a gold plated toilet seat and told him to quit his day job!
Nice backstory and post, Doris :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
1976 Gran Torino Starsky and Hutch Edition
8 Track Clarion with Pioneer speakers in the back window...the memories.
These guys opened up for Styx when they played Ottawa.
Here's a track from their second album...check out Moxy 1 and 2 for some excellent Canadian rock.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
1976 Gran Torino Starsky and Hutch Edition
8 Track Clarion with Pioneer speakers in the back window...the memories.
These guys opened up for Styx when they played Ottawa.
Here's a track from their second album...check out Moxy 1 and 2 for some excellent Canadian rock.

You can't put those speakers in the back window today. Someone would smash the window and steal them!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

edit: I suppose if we're going to have something that is grateful dead, we should also have something that is alive and kicking :)

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Good tunes Car
You would be fun on a road trip.

Top Bottom