Music in the Lab

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

English:
[Verse 1] If you have some time for me Then I will sing a song for you About ninety-nine balloons On their way to the horizon Do you think of me now? Then I will sing a song for you About ninety-nine balloons And that such a thing comes from such a thing

[Verse 2] Ninety-nine balloons On their way to the horizon Were taken for UFOs from space Hence, a general sent A squadron after them To give the alarm But there on the horizon Were just ninety-nine balloons

[Verse 3] Ninety-nine jet fighters Each was a great warrior Regarded themselves as Captain Kirk There was a great display of fireworks The neighbors didn't understand And soon felt offended Then they shot at the horizon At ninety-nine balloons

[Verse 4] Ninety-nine ministers of war Matches and petrol canisters Regarded themselves as clever people Already on the scent of fat quarry They shouted, "War," and wanted power Man, who would have thought That someday it would come this far Because of ninety-nine balloons

[Bridge]
Because of ninety-nine balloons Ninety-nine balloons

[Verse 5] 99 years of war Left no place for winners War ministers don't exist anymore And not one jet Today I stroll around See the world in ruins I've found a balloon I think about you and let it fly

If you've never listened to the lyrics, now would be appropriate.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Metallica...Master of Puppets
5 Finger Death Punch...Bad Company

But just for fun...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
is this a pro or anti religious song ?
I've had this debate with my wife and found interesting commentary online as well.
from wikipedia

In interview with Rolling Stone in 1992, Layne Staley explained the song:
I started writing about censorship. Around the same time, we went out for dinner with some Columbia Records people who were vegetarians. They told me how veal was made from calves raised in these small boxes, and that image stuck in my head. So I went home and wrote about government censorship and eating meat as seen through the eyes of a doomed calf.[9]
Jerry Cantrell said of the song:
It's basically about how government and media control the public's perception of events in the world or whatever, and they build you into a box by feeding it to you in your home. And it's about breaking out of that box and looking outside of that box that has been built for you.[10]
In a recorded interview with MuchMusic in 1991, Staley stated that the lyrics are loosely based on media censorship, and "I was really really stoned when I wrote it, so it meant something different then", he said laughing

in the chorus
Jesus Christ, deny your maker
He who tries, will be wasted

HygienicBee

HygienicBee

Reaction score
is this a pro or anti religious song ?
I've had this debate with my wife and found interesting commentary online as well.
From the link you posted I would say it seems to be kinda-sorta anti religious, kind of like a punk-christian-rock song

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
From the link you posted I would say it seems to be kinda-sorta anti religious, kind of like a punk-christian-rock song
There's interpretation on both sides so I think I'll go with pro since I like the tune.
However I doubt I'll be humming it when I walk up to the Pearly Gates...just in case.;)

HygienicBee

HygienicBee

Reaction score
There's interpretation on both sides so I think I'll go with pro since I like the tune.
However I doubt I'll be humming it when I walk up to the Pearly Gates...just in case.;)
I thought about it some more and I would think he's asking jesus to come save him from his misery so I'm gonna pull a 180 and say I agree that it is more-so pro

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

It's exceptionally rare for someone these days to sound better out of the studio. This is that exception.
If the idea expressed escapes you, it was regarding a stalker and what should be done.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

Most of this album is speeding ticket material if you get on the interstate.

01.George S.Clinton - A Taste Of Things To Come
02.Gravity Kills - Goodbye --Their debut
03.KMFDM - Juke-Joint Jezebel (Giorgio Moroder Metropolis Mix)
04.Psykosonik - Unlearn (Josh Wink's Live Mix)
05.Traci Lords - Control (Juno Reactor Instrumental)
06.Orbital - Halcyon + On + On
07.Utah Saints - Utah Saints Take 0n The Theme From Mortal Kombat
08.GZR - The Invisible
09.Fear Factory - Zero Signal
10.Sister Machine Gun - Burn
11.Type O Negative - Blood & Fire (Out Of The Ashes Mix) ---- Peter O'Toole, the lead singer, died a few years ago. After re-accepting Christ.
12.Bile - I Reject
13.Napalm Death - Twist The Knife (Slowly)
14.Mutha's Day Out - What U See/We All Bleed Red
15.The Immortals - Mortal Kombat (Techno-Syndrome 7" Mix)
16.George S. Clinton (ft. Buckethead) - Goro Vs. Art
17.George S. Clinton - Demon Warriors/Final Kombat

Some of the versions for the movie were never anywhere else.
Goodbye, the song after the "And now for a taste of things to come" intro is a good example, was taken from the Demo that Gravity Kills did straight into the movie before they got everything the way the dreamed it.

This is the standard release of that song.

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Something for those who don't want any lyrics.

Just don't use headphones/cans for the first listen. Some pure tones. This one vibrates the doors at the other end of my hall if I turn it up enough. You've been warned.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Thats a little quick for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom