Multiple custom abutments on Exocad

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
Is anyone farmiliar with the easiest way to get two implants parallel in exocad? Working on a 4 unit bridge, having trouble with making the path of draw parallel between the 2 implants.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
in the wizard mode select your bridge in the drop down, adjust the insertion using the view.

ins bridge.PNG

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
in Expert mode, use CTRL to select both abutments, and click Abutment Design. ensure the slider is set to >2 degrees.

ins exp.PNG

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you got it.

also: i know exocad now.

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
you got it.

also: i know exocad now.
sorry to bother you again! What paramiters (cement gap etc.) are you using when doing ti-bases? I have been noticing the crown always has a few degree wiggle room on the tibase after milling. Any thoughts?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
crown is fitting too loose. don't change anything except the space above the margin; examine where you tell exocad to stop the space above the margin, ensure this space fully encapsulates the notches or flat indexes in the tibase. see pics.

margin1.PNG

margin2.PNG

flat index no gap.PNG

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if after that the crowns are still too loose, check your milling. it may be overmilled.

A

a3dl

Reaction score
sorry to bother you again! What paramiters (cement gap etc.) are you using when doing ti-bases? I have been noticing the crown always has a few degree wiggle room on the tibase after milling. Any thoughts?
You dont use the implant libraries to import ti base for design?

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
I do, but even with that I still get the slightest rotation.

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
if after that the crowns are still too loose, check your milling. it may be overmilled.

Im designing a 4unit bridge with 2 tibase, any idea where the parallel step is for 2 screw retained implants? I am not getting the secondary insertion direction step?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

Did you know this was around? Some of the answers you seek will be there. Did you get any training?

not shutting you down. Just trying to give more tools.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im designing a 4unit bridge with 2 tibase, any idea where the parallel step is for 2 screw retained implants? I am not getting the secondary insertion direction step?
Try checking expert mode.

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score

Did you know this was around? Some of the answers you seek will be there. Did you get any training?

not shutting you down. Just trying to give more tools.
Only thing on that wiki for screw retained is screw hole structures.

user name

user name

Reaction score
This is for CUSTOM ABUTMENTS.... Im talking Ti base. But I appreciate the GREAT attitude.
The answers are there. Very simple. The attitude is growing among all of us. Nothing wrong with questions, but its becoming evident you have no idea what youre doing.

B

Bzydo23

Reaction score
The answers are there. Very simple. The attitude is growing among all of us. Nothing wrong with questions, but its becoming evident you have no idea what youre doing.
Alright then Bud, thanks for being a total ****. I wont ask anymore questions on here

user name

user name

Reaction score
The Wiki page I and JMN posted doesnt say anything about custom abutments; in fact, the pic included shows Ti bases.
Like I said...simple.
DLN is for techs of all levels. Congrats. There is now a level Zero.