multiple 3shape installations on the same PC?

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to install a different version of 3shape as a stand alone on the same PC as your regular 3shape network/client set up? I'm looking to install 2019 to test but when I run the installer it wants to "update" my dongle. That sounds like it will screw up my 2018 system.

I know that 3shape will sometimes change the way the database work between versions which is why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I was running 2014 and 2017 at the same time for a while without issue. I just don't feel like taking the whole system down.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Yes, you must a VM software. This will create a pc within in a pc, but requires a high end cpu gpu and a ton of ram!

Otherwise no since 3shape doesn't have the option to alter install location like most other software.

No you can have a local install then have multiple client install on one pc. I have a local server then have two client installs on my pc so i can log into the main server and the other side server if needed.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Yes, you must a VM software. This will create a pc within in a pc, but requires a high end cpu gpu and a ton of ram!

Otherwise no since 3shape doesn't have the option to alter install location like most other software.

No you can have a local install then have multiple client install on one pc. I have a local server then have two client installs on my pc so i can log into the main server and the other side server if needed.
How do you keep track of which case is on which instal?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
How do you keep track of which case is on which instal?

Production is 100% of all cases, (client on my pc)
Local in stall is for Beta testing for 3shape, i pull cases off the main server or scan in cases as needed strictly for testing purposes.
Side server is a back-up. Very easy to track. (second client on my pc)
Plus I have all the icons on the desktop names properly so i know which one i am launching.

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. I went head with a stand alone install and everything went fine. I've got 2019 standalone and 2018 client running on the PC now.

D

Dentaco

Reaction score
You can make a clone of your System.
Than you activat the bootmanager.
Of you start your computer you can select the clone of your System.
Of you have instal MS- Office or other Software, you don‘t need a new activation of the Software.
You don’t net spezial software.
All tools to make a colne are from Microsoft.