Multimat pressing e.Max

A

azahnart

Reaction score
Does anyone have the temps and times for pressing e.Max in the Dentsply/Ceramco Multimat?

My last two pressing have come out OPAQUE with a rough surface. The whole pressing looks like the reaction layer. Nothing smooth or transparent!!! (LTA3 ingot)

Temperature to high, wrong times, chemical reaction to investment?

E

evi-kivi

Reaction score
question

Hi, I've got multimat too. Could you give me the right times and temps for emax??
Regards
Eva

Darren S

Darren S

Reaction score
You will wind up with a reaction layer regardless. I am getting a heavy reaction layer that is a bear to deal with. Sndblasting then Invex liquid in ultrasonic for 20mins or so, then more blasting. May need to drop temp a bit, still experimenting and getting advice from others on different forums. Anyway here's what I am doing in a 100gm ring with one to two objects:
Start Temp 700c
Full Vac
60c/min
High Temp 925c
Hold time 10:00mins
Press time 10:00mins

200gm ring increase the hold time to 15:00mins.

Will try to keep posted and updated as I get more info from some others out there. I'm confident someone has it down.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
You will wind up with a reaction layer regardless. I am getting a heavy reaction layer that is a bear to deal with. Sndblasting then Invex liquid in ultrasonic for 20mins or so, then more blasting. May need to drop temp a bit, still experimenting and getting advice from others on different forums. Anyway here's what I am doing in a 100gm ring with one to two objects:
Start Temp 700c
Full Vac
60c/min
High Temp 925c
Hold time 10:00mins
Press time 10:00mins

200gm ring increase the hold time to 15:00mins.

Will try to keep posted and updated as I get more info from some others out there. I'm confident someone has it down.

drop your press time to 5:00mins.

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Dear Everyone!

I read theese comments with intrest,because i have a multimat 2 touch and press furnice too.I have not much experince about pressing,i started to making emax crowns about 2 years ago,but the number is in a month max.5 so I like to ask my questions here because i'm sure here in this forum there are a lot of professional techicians who had daily rotinue in pressing.

Investing: From the very first time i'm using Ivoclar pressvest speed! The only problem with it,that i have to put in the furnice is heated to 850 Celsius.Has anybody try what happening if i put it in the cold furnice wait until the next mornig to press?? I started to using

Sprueing:If a sprue single crowns i have never had problem with them (the maximum was (6 crown in a 200g investment) I have always problem with the bridges. If i made a POM (press on metal) a big case (like 4-5 unit bridge) Something is always missed....from the dealer and from the demonstrator???IT's simple!!! i always heard sprueing is very simple!!!but sometime i had problem,and yet i didn't find any useful infromation about sprueing press crowns.(if somebody know an exact book or a video it will be veryhelpful.)

Pressing: Please somebody tell me how can i thinking and making disions in changing parameters of the furniture.When i made my first pressing with a 100g investment it completly broke because i overpressed) After i didn't try any 100g because i don't know if i change the heating temperature what will happen....) So i made always 200g ivestment.

I started to make custom pellets for pressing zirconia and metal,but i have to figure out a special pressing program,and i changing pressing time,and final temperature..

So if anybody has time to answer my questions, or who can help my.Please

Thank you

Last edited:
E

evi-kivi

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, I'll press with your advices and we will see..:)

N

Northman

Reaction score
I use a little diffrent parameters whit my Multimat:
100g:
Start: 700 C
Vacum 45hPa
60C/min
temp:925C
holding time:15 min
pressing time 4-5 min

200g:temp 930C
holding time 25 min
pressing time 5-7 min

Works very well for me!I agree that 10 min is to long pressing time.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
I press in a multimat. It sucks and I wish I had a EP5000, but I'm not the boss with the check book.

I get good results with this.

Hold for 16-17min.
Single 3min press.
Double or more 4-6min press.

If you are getting incomplete pressings, check your air pressure. It should be 4 1/2 or 5bars, or around 80psi.

Also...Multimats don't press as far(you get a larger button) as Ivoclar furnaces, so if I'm worried about not having enough material I use two ingots. Better to be safe than sorry.

Darren S

Darren S

Reaction score
I use a little diffrent parameters whit my Multimat:
100g:
Start: 700 C
Vacum 45hPa
60C/min
temp:925C
holding time:15 min
pressing time 4-5 min

holding time 25 min
pressing time 5-7 min

Works very well for me!I agree that 10 min is to long pressing time.

What investment are you using? What was the reaction layer like? I am using N&V Z4 from Belgium. Have been using it for years for everything, metal, all-ceramic, press over metal and zirconia. Have had full pressing in e.Max, but want less reaction layer. Recently tried this on some help from someone who has had success.
Start:700C
Rate:60C/min
High:919
Hold:20:00
Press:6:00
Results, rewaxing in morning. Very short pressing, almost like a cold press. Nothing but the sprues. Not a bad reaction layer though.:p

My settings were close to yours Northman and got heavy reaction layer. Maybe has something to do with hold and press times. Possibly the investment doesn't agree?

Don't know, so I will keep informed. Thanks everyone in advance for all suggestions and ideas. Together we will all learn from one another. PM me with anything as well.

Darren popcorn

Darren S

Darren S

Reaction score
holding time 25 min
pressing time 12 min
Start temp 700C

This was according to Dentsply technical service today. Used these today and got a decent pressing. Moderate to heavy reaction layer. Got small amounts of finning as well. Thinking about dropping temp by 2C and shorten press time to 8:00 minutes. This was the first full press in a while. Any suggestions, please chime in.

Darren

N

Northman

Reaction score
Hi Darren,I use the Pressvest Speed,burn out at 850C 45-60 min(100g).I use the same parameters you got from the rep for a 200g exept the pressing time.Seems a bit to long in my opinion.I would keep the temp and go down on the pressing time. What pressure do you use?

Last edited:
Darren S

Darren S

Reaction score
Thanks Northman, I was thinking the same thing as far as temp and shorten hold and press time. Will keep everyone informed on the progress.

C

Christopher Henning CDT

Reaction score
If you know your furnace is calibrated I would press at High temp of 920 c I had same problem and this took care of it. Again make sure your furnace is calibrated. Even the Ivoclair techs were sugesting 920 c even though my manual says 925 c

P

PressTech

Reaction score
Does anyone have the temps and times for pressing e.Max in the Dentsply/Ceramco Multimat?

My last two pressing have come out OPAQUE with a rough surface. The whole pressing looks like the reaction layer. Nothing smooth or transparent!!! (LTA3 ingot)

Temperature to high, wrong times, chemical reaction to investment?
Temperature is too high, not sure how that furnace measures when to stop pressing. Reaction layer is basically oxidation created for long exposition to the investment or temperature too high or both, keep exposure to the minimum after press is complete, I use Microstar HS with good results.