Multilink Vs. Panavia

F

Fitlab

Reaction score
Hello friends,
I am having issues with Multilink Hybrid Abutment and Panavia debonding from PMMA and most recently Trilor. Occasionally we have found that Panavia even debonds from zirconia (Although not as often) Is there a cement out there that is hands down a solid winner that Im not aware of. Is anyone else experiencing these troubles?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
How are you preparing your pmma? Sounds like its not adhering, although its mostly mechanical.. but maybe ivoclean, or a composite bonder might help?
PMMA has more elasticity than zirconia, So I would guess that it could possibly be flexing the intaglio away from the cement enough to remove the mechanical retention. Ive tried panavia and multi link, but now use relyx. I dont cement any pmma though, only zirconia.. The relyx is hard to get out even after firing it.

Maybe even try creating a retention ring on the inside to lock it on more?

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Hello friends,
I am having issues with Multilink Hybrid Abutment and Panavia debonding from PMMA and most recently Trilor. Occasionally we have found that Panavia even debonds from zirconia (Although not as often) Is there a cement out there that is hands down a solid winner that Im not aware of. Is anyone else experiencing these troubles?
Multilink hybrid is specifically made for cementing LIthium Disilicate and zirconia to titanium or zirconia to zirconia. Not sure about Panavia. I use the regular multilink for PMMA but you need to use a bonding agent for the PMMA and a specific primer (Primer A+B) for the multilink to titanium bond.

doug

doug

Reaction score
We had problems with Panavia on Ti-base cases. Switched to RelyX Unicem 2 Resin. I would think that it would work well for PMMA as well.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
We had problems with Panavia on Ti-base cases. Switched to RelyX Unicem 2 Resin. I would think that it would work well for PMMA as well.
what sort of problems with Panavia? since we switched to it, its been outstanding!

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
How are you preparing your pmma? Sounds like its not adhering, although its mostly mechanical.. but maybe ivoclean, or a composite bonder might help?
PMMA has more elasticity than zirconia, So I would guess that it could possibly be flexing the intaglio away from the cement enough to remove the mechanical retention. Ive tried panavia and multi link, but now use relyx. I dont cement any pmma though, only zirconia.. The relyx is hard to get out even after firing it.

Maybe even try creating a retention ring on the inside to lock it on more?
Speaking of RelyX being hard to get out, has anyone found an easier way to unglue it? We are up to 877 and still have trouble getting them unglued

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I havent had to run any up that far, usually 450-500c for 5 minutes works for me.. The hard part is pulling the abutment out without damage so I use an analog to get some leverage and something to hold on. Sometimes you can push them out with a driver and the screw in.. One Dr prefers to seat the crown on the tibase and just cement it in the mouth.. 'screw-mented' .. they just let the excess cement fill the screw hole..

One thing running these glued abutments in the oven will show you is how much residual cement is left outside that you cant see until it turns black, Ive gotten very diligent about polishing them really well after cementing.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I've always heated an old bur or soldering iron in the screw channel and the metal heats but the crown heats slower and it pops apart. It can be scary if its an old crown though. The Dr gives it to me, I am the expert so if it breaks it needed to be remade. I am in house, that is a different relationship.

Top Bottom