Multilayered zirconia

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I tried the multi zir from quite few companies, and I’m not really impressed.

I prefer to use the white zirconia because a big percentage of the units I use not thicker than 10 mm, so I could fit many in a 10 mm thickness zirconia puck.

As a small operation, I could control the shade much better with pre-sintering staining and followed by Miyo

on the other hand if I have to mill 10 mm unit in a 14 mm multi zirconia puck, I am wasting time material and burs life.

I understand if you operate a big dental lab, consistency is an issue and a multi puck zirconia is may be the way to go.

The pre-sintering stains now being of water-based with long drying time should be no issue for heating elements.mho
I guess I am not able to manage my time in the lab correctly. Seems there is no time for pre sinter painting and drying afterwards. By the time I finish green state zr it's 8:30 pm and they are due the day after next. I used to dip zr copings when I used Zirkon Zahn's manual milling machine 15 years ago.
Maybe if I can't find an easier solution I will start pre sinter painting but I really don't want to. Argen's ht+multi and st multi are working well for me, I just want a multi strength/translucency zr for sertain situations. I don't really have time to experiment with other zr but I know I should so I try to.

L

Lamber Tran

Reaction score
different manufacturers have different proportions of the incisal, transition and dentin zone when they make the disc, so the position is the most important key for the better use of multilayer discs.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
What hav
Is anyone using multilayered zirconia (different strength and translucency) with good results? I have tried a few: (Katana YML, Sagemax T Multi) with mixed results (visible demarcation line, too much chroma, not enough chroma)
I have Nacera Pearl Natural on the way to try. Need something for full contour medium span bridges especially anterior.
Thank you in advance for your feedback.
What have you decided? I'm interested in something new but comparable to whitepeaks still

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
What hav

What have you decided? I'm interested in something new but comparable to whitepeaks still
So far whitepeaks works best for me. I have some Origin Beyond Multi-Y that I have not tried yet. So will see. I do use Katana YML sometimes.

Adam Bourns CDT

Adam Bourns CDT

Donator
Reaction score
yuiv
Because I am in China, many factories come to promote me. However, my dentists sometimes specify certain brands instead of allowing me to use them casually, so I have to purchase products from certain brands. In the lab, I mainly use products from Aidit and Upcera, but I also buy products from Wieland and Katana

Adam Bourns CDT

Adam Bourns CDT

Donator
Reaction score
yuiv
Because I am in China, many factories come to promote me. However, my dentists sometimes specify certain brands instead of allowing me to use them casually, so I have to purchase products from certain brands. In the lab, I mainly use products from Aidit and Upcera, but I also buy products from Wieland and Katana
AIDITE has multiple layers and almost never seen the presence of layers, but its products are too expensive.

Each unit of our lab can only be priced for 15 USD. My boss does not allow me to use AIDITE's products all the time, and UPCERA's products may appear more frequently on my desk, which makes me very angry

Otherwise, Katana's case would cost the dentist more money, so I can use it. Its transparency is really charming, but four months ago, an All on 6 case broke and the dentist accused me of the problem, which made me very angry

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
AIDITE has multiple layers and almost never seen the presence of layers, but its products are too expensive.

Each unit of our lab can only be priced for 15 USD. My boss does not allow me to use AIDITE's products all the time, and UPCERA's products may appear more frequently on my desk, which makes me very angry

Otherwise, Katana's case would cost the dentist more money, so I can use it. Its transparency is really charming, but four months ago, an All on 6 case broke and the dentist accused me of the problem, which made me very angry

Top Bottom