Multidisciplinary Case

JPA

JPA

Reaction score
Thanks for the back story...When I think of Guatemala, I can't help to be anything other than a American prick and think third world country...and I've been to a pant load of them. However, this is first class Dentistry, to help others with that stigma about your country can you tell us about Dentistry in Guatemala?...do a lot of Dentists have in-house techs, are there small, medium, large commercial labs there? Are Dentists regarded highly in your country, similar to a medical doctor like they are here in America? What about the education, same as the states for a Dentist (4 years undergrad/4 years DDS school usually)? Technicians?[/quote

JPA

JPA

Reaction score
Thanks for the back story...When I think of Guatemala, I can't help to be anything other than a American prick and think third world country...and I've been to a pant load of them. However, this is first class Dentistry, to help others with that stigma about your country can you tell us about Dentistry in Guatemala?...do a lot of Dentists have in-house techs, are there small, medium, large commercial labs there? Are Dentists regarded highly in your country, similar to a medical doctor like they are here in America? What about the education, same as the states for a Dentist (4 years undergrad/4 years DDS school usually)? Technicians?
Education is good we do 3 years together with MD in medical school then 4years dental school. But once you start in my case you continue studying for life. We have very good dentistry here as good as a good doctor in the USA or Europe, but we also have very bad ones just like everywhere else. A Dentist are regarded just like a medical doctor here, the diference is here a doctor is not a millionaire , we charge a lot less here for a treatment. In respect to dental labs there are a few medium size and a lot of small ones, nothing really big, no glidwell over here. A lot of them work average nothing great, use very single builds almost monocromatic. High end Dentists (only a few) have inhouse labs. You know is a lot easier to achieve great results when the ceramist is there with you and is able to look at the patient , die color, oclusion, shade selection effects, etc. Also that you are able to finish a make corrections faster if needed. You can send a ceramist a lot of pictures but is not enough with difficult cases and you trying to acheieve perffection.

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Great job well done. I love it when a plan comes together. I would have snipped the nose hair when they were not looking :O

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Ahh JPA! Nicely done! I think most of us USA techs are very envious to see true case planning and execution! Please feel free to post more cases as they become available. We always like to see them! Cheers!

corona

corona

Reaction score
Seeing work and procedures followed by somewhere else other than in our own home towns, really show how bad things here in the u.s have gotten when we just cant believe how nice it is when a treatment plan actually is utilized . We'd all be rock stars in the patients mind if there was that kind of effort as a team concept . Plus it would show the patient how many people are involved in restoring there smiles . All cases should have that standard of treatment planning thru multidiciplinary methods ... the results are evident .

What has become of our dentists following that team approach on a regular basis ? What are we doing or not doing to be included in this team approach to all cases big and small.

JPA

JPA

Reaction score
Seeing work and procedures followed by somewhere else other than in our own home towns, really show how bad things here in the u.s have gotten when we just cant believe how nice it is when a treatment plan actually is utilized . We'd all be rock stars in the patients mind if there was that kind of effort as a team concept . Plus it would show the patient how many people are involved in restoring there smiles . All cases should have that standard of treatment planning thru multidiciplinary methods ... the results are evident .

What has become of our dentists following that team approach on a regular basis ? What are we doing or not doing to be included in this team approach to all cases big and small.
I always tell my technician, we are a team . If we want a great result we have to do our part the right way. If I fail he fails and if he fails I fail.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I think a case like that in the U.S. with ortho treatment, endo, and pros, would cost a lot of money. Enough to pay for a long vacation to Guatemala while your teeth being done!!. Did I say to outsource offshore?, no...no... :arghh: i do not mean that.:)

Last edited:
JPA

JPA

Reaction score
I think a case like that in the U.S. with ortho treatment, endo, and pros, would cost a lot of money. Enough to pay for a long vacation to Guatemala while your teeth being done!!. Did I say to outsource offshore?, no...no... :arghh: i do not mean that.:)
Probably the patient paid $1700.00

Top Bottom