MRSA Research

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
Seattle – Research described as “the first study to characterize MRSA from dental clinic surfaces and dental students” is reported in the October 2011 issue of the American Journal of Infection Control.

More...

marvel

marvel

Reaction score
Lugol's Iodine 2% May Kill MRSA

A small blister on the lower lip line sure acted like MRSA. When cold sore and Neosporin ointments only spread what became an open wound in less than an hour I panicked.

Luckily I take 2% Lugol's iodine as a food supp and thought to try it on the wound, now more than 2cm diameter, eating up into the side of my lower lip and down toward the chin.

[Edit]: Iodine for cuts and bruises used to be sold on the shelves.

Repeatedly dabbing on iodine stung some but the damaged area began drying up within 40 minutes without observably harming healthy tissues. When it got too dry I dabbed on Vitamin E oil from the capsule, too.

Five days later the wound was fiery red and tender but healed over, and I mostly dabbed on the Vitamin E, which is said to minimize or prevent scarring. I also eat well and take vitamin C by the gram.

Three months later the area is still pink. I may have only the faintest scar and even kept my lip line.

No, it wasn't formally diagnosed--are you kidding? It was on my Face.

If you ever get a sore that won't heal it's worth trying iodine. I order mine online from swansonvitamins.com.

~m

Last edited:
C

CShof

Reaction score
Several years ago I had what at the time I thought was a pimple on the back of my right hand. Weird place for a pimple I thought but I popped it. That didn't help, only got bigger and more irritated. So then I thought maybe it was a spider bite and I'd leave it alone. I lived with it for about 2 weeks hoping it would go away before the pain got to where I had no choice but to see a doctor. He sliced it open and squeezed it as hard as he could to drain it and at that point I was in so much pain it didn't bother me a bit. In fact afterwords it helped a ton. I got a call the next day telling me the lab confirmed it as antibiotic resistant MRSA. I actually had been having some stomach problems at the time that I'd been battling for years. I found it difficult to eat without becoming nauseous. Prilosec loved me. Whatever antibiotic they gave me not only killed the MRSA but it killed my stomach problems too. I'm probably the only person alive who is grateful about contracting MRSA. I guess the moral of the story is: I need to learn to go to the doctor more often.

marvel

marvel

Reaction score
More on Iodine and MRSA, pimples, fungus etc....

...I had...a pimple on the back of my right hand. ...[ultimately] I had no choice but to see a doctor. ...I got a call the next day telling me the lab confirmed it as antibiotic resistant MRSA....Whatever antibiotic they gave me not only killed the MRSA but it killed my stomach problems too.....

It is great to hear an antibiotic works on MRSA; do you recall the name? Last I knew they pump you full of antibiotics and swath around the infection hoping to get it all, no matter how much tissue that'll take. There are horror stories on the net where that SOP barely succeeded.

The thing about iodine is twofold: 1) Our bodies need it (and many people test deficient). 2) Iodine sinks into the skin, so it is more than a surface sterilizer.

People claim iodine cures all sorts of stuff; Bing it and see.

One of my fave Drs has his perio p/ts swab their gums with Lugol's.

The orange skin stain doesn't last long, especially if you are iodine deficient. But if you repeatedly apply of course it is there. If the color bothers you a pharmacist can sell you clear iodine.

In my experience, if iodine is gonna work you'll know sooner rather than later. I was awful glad to have my Lugol's 2% in the house when nothing else was working to halt that infection spreading on my face.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I had this BIG boil on my left nut-sac.....and......

Wait, why are we talking about this subject? LOL

What is MRSA? What's with all you infectious people? LOL

Is there a pimple/boil/lesion web-forum we can move this to?

I'm about to throw-up.

C

CShof

Reaction score
You know, I don't remember what it was called but my sister is a doctor and when I was talking to her on the phone and told her what they gave me I still remember her pausing for a second then saying, "Wow, that kills everything." She acted surprised they'd give it to me. I can ask if she remembers next time I see her but it was awhile ago.

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
@***. Methycilin resistant staph aureus. Eg the sam L jackson of infections

@CShof. Prolly iv vancomysin. Don't worry...VRSA exists now too ;)

@ the world. Finish your antibiotic regimens even if u feel better!

@ doctors. Prescribe responsibly

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I will be sure to check my digital impression files for that virus.

Thanks for the heads up!

I hate computer infections, and so sar so good!

Also, I will make sure Samual Jackson does not touch my stuff.

Thanks!

Scott

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Well I for one am finding this topic a refreshing change from the usual stuff.......but I think we need pimple/boil/lesion photos to really help.

Once this has been thoroughly discussed I suggest we move on to gangrenous, maggot infested wounds. ..........with photos.

Top Bottom