Mouthguards for athletes

R

Ryan Vick

Reaction score
Always thinking of ways to be more profitable and expand the business.

I had a thought today because 1. I played sports. 2. I love sports 3. Im involved a lot in the local athletics either as a coach, fan or friend of coaches.

I was thinking about offering team play safe (or different brand) mouthguards to all the local teams and the surrounding towns. I personally havn't worked with these mouthguards but doesn't seem much different than other products I have worked with. Has anyone tried this? or attempted to offer this? Maybe by pairing with the local dentist from each town the school in? JUST FIRST THOUGHTs, so take it easy on me if you think its a poor idea:) Havn't did much digging on if the profits would be worth it or anything. Just seeing if anyone has experience with anything like this and could share their experience! Thanks!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

I had a thought today because 1. I played sports. 2. I love sports 3. Im involved a lot in the local athletics either as a coach, fan or friend of coaches.

I was thinking about offering team play safe (or different brand) mouthguards to all the local teams and the surrounding towns. I personally havn't worked with these mouthguards but doesn't seem much different than other products I have worked with. Has anyone tried this? or attempted to offer this? Maybe by pairing with the local dentist from each town the school in? JUST FIRST THOUGHTs, so take it easy on me if you think its a poor idea:) Havn't did much digging on if the profits would be worth it or anything. Just seeing if anyone has experience with anything like this and could share their experience! Thanks!
Were I in that position and so inclined, I'd contact the school and ask for a few minutes with the trainer, find out who the school is set up with for injuries. This would let you insinuate yourself into the existing relationship instead of generating a new one ex nihilo.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
How much marketing to the general public is a lab able to do? I would think you'd have to do it in concert with dentists or just market them to dentists.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
It is real touchy as some docs get their feelings hurt if a patient wants to have educated access to the facts.

R

Ryan Vick

Reaction score
How much marketing to the general public is a lab able to do? I would think you'd have to do it in concert with dentists or just market them to dentists.
Absolutely, I forgot to mention that. Obivously, Wouldnt be able to do it on my own. Would have to partner with the doctors and express my idea with them. For marketing, We would have work together too and sell the idea to the schools together. I live in a pretty small area. I know a lot of people involved in the school districts around the county area. So that might help too. But maybe something the docs would be open too.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't they have to go thru a dentist for an impression? So I can't imagine why you wouldn't try to team up with one, or several?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, I forgot to mention that. Obivously, Wouldnt be able to do it on my own. Would have to partner with the doctors and express my idea with them. For marketing, We would have work together too and sell the idea to the schools together. I live in a pretty small area. I know a lot of people involved in the school districts around the county area. So that might help too. But maybe something the docs would be open too.
Make some cool samples and try pitching it to some dentists, it won't take long to find out wether it's a viable idea or not.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score

I used to make those things for a local dentist I worked for in high school. It was a small town and I guess the doctor thought it would be a great marketing idea. It might be a good idea to pitch your idea to orthodontists. It seems they tend to strategically locate themselves close to schools...lot's of crooked teeth prospects. Biggrin

Top Bottom