More exo madness....

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
New project, design coping bridge 28-31. Chose offset coping but there is no similar choice for the Pontic. Tried Provisional Pontic and got the warning that dongle not set for that .
Do you have to Full design , then shrink?

D856E0BD-DBBB-4EF7-8BF6-A3DA772DE17D.jpeg C15C8A74-5A03-4805-9802-D14B44603CCD.jpeg

user name

user name

Reaction score
Youll need to select 'reduced pontic'. Its derived from a full anatomic shape and applies a cutback.

I would suggest also using 'anatomic coping'.

Whats the work surface in the pic?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Youll need to select 'reduced pontic'. Its derived from a full anatomic shape and applies a cutback.

I would suggest also using 'anatomic coping'.

Whats the work surface in the pic?

Ok thanks, I’ll try that setup. I don’t think I’m looking to try something uncommon that there wouldn’t be an easier way.🤔
Just like my partial issue. It’s on order that we frequently get, and with all the tech there isn’t a straight forward way to do crown under it.
It’s a mat from mpf with nondas art.
08CC8070-7816-474F-A9AB-62C88B3B1164.jpeg

user name

user name

Reaction score
Easier way?

Just do a quick placement with the anatomical forms, cut to occlusion and let it shrink.

Thats much faster than having to pull your own cusps and support.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Easier way?

Just do a quick placement with the anatomical forms, cut to occlusion and let it shrink.

Thats much faster than having to pull your own cusps and support.

? Is it possible to just choose “ lingual band” in wizard or do you have to always paint parts?
Also why did the band appear on the distal? 44B58968-C69D-40F9-9073-80DABA589760.jpeg

user name

user name

Reaction score
Seems to my memory in the reduced coping design you have to paint the area you want a band prior to shrinking.

Using offset coping I believe there is 'add a band' option.

user name

user name

Reaction score
When we now have strong Zr thats as pretty as porcelain, I cant imagine why you would be doing PFZ, esp in the posterior.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
When we now have strong Zr thats as pretty as porcelain, I cant imagine why you would be doing PFZ, esp in the posterior.

Agree... this is still from my op, case was put on hold for bite check and patient bleaching Bebored:Call:.
Making a wax mill for casting. Tried the wilki page but wasn’t clear.
Thanks user, I’ll start painting

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Seems to my memory in the reduced coping design you have to paint the area you want a band prior to shrinking.

Using offset coping I believe there is 'add a band' option.

Am I the only one that is jinxed... Did the connector step and got this. 5B1EB466-E10A-48FE-B1E5-80FBD6CF4901.jpeg Maybe I should just hand wax it. WTH.
Or switch places with the hops on my Hopsecutioner can Banghead

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
After forcing the connectors several times it gave me this. Pcguru

0B354594-D3B4-4967-AA2A-E7234C6E356B.jpeg

Time to shut ‘er Down. F8BCF96B-CCF3-4856-907B-BAB2EB339A50.jpeg

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Change the connector size in exo, you can change it to almost nothing and then it won't intrude on your coping. You will then have to add wax to bring it back up in size.my 2 centsd

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
After forcing the connectors several times it gave me this. Pcguru

View attachment 33151

Time to shut ‘er Down. View attachment 33152
Part of the problem is you are asking the software for two different things.

pontic.png

The bridge abutments are copings and the pontic is set as full pontic. If you want a lingual band on the pontic you will need to set it as reduced pontic in DentalDB.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Part of the problem is you are asking the software for two different things.
The bridge abutments are copings and the pontic is set as full pontic. If you want a lingual band on the pontic you will need to set it as reduced pontic in DentalDB.

🤯🤬

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I have a different issue, I am trying to do a mock-up and print in EXO. I'm not sure what restoration to pick when I scan the preop for manipuation. I choose Provisionals or anatomic wax, it looks or asks for mgs. So we go through scan and then mark the margins "like for provisionals ", and then cut the teeth out to be replaced with nice synmetry and white smile. Problem is when it's all done, I try to right click and save final view as plain stl and the import that into model creator. Again I'm not sure what model type?? I just want the diagnostic waxup to print for presentation and then maybe printing temps from that? Any help or direction appreciated. What 2cents am I missing?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
When you save the wax up and jaw scan together as one Model Creator has trouble unifying them into one mesh.
That being the case, select solid plateless (Demo without plate) model in Model Creator. Go ahead through the whole process.
If you need a hollow model, then start Model Creator again select plateless hollow model. Import the solid model stl as the jaw scan and follow the wizard.
plateless modell.png

Top Bottom