Monolithic Lisi veneers or cutback

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
I've got two similar cases on the go at the moment upper 4321/1234 veneers. One is prepped with a 1mm shoulder at the margin, no discoloured preps and a desired shade of B1
The other isn't prepped so heavily at the margin, slightly discoloured preps and desired shade of OM2

I'm thinking the first case would be better pressed in MTB1 as I'm worried about HT pellets greying out too much.

The second case would probably be ok with HT BLE if the preps weren't discoloured so MTB0 is probably better.

Any feedback on the pellet selection would be useful.

I've had mixed results with monolithic veneers in the past, and often cut back and layer. Are MT pellets going to give a good result with just stain and glaze?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I've got two similar cases on the go at the moment upper 4321/1234 veneers. One is prepped with a 1mm shoulder at the margin, no discoloured preps and a desired shade of B1
The other isn't prepped so heavily at the margin, slightly discoloured preps and desired shade of OM2

I'm thinking the first case would be better pressed in MTB1 as I'm worried about HT pellets greying out too much.

The second case would probably be ok with HT BLE if the preps weren't discoloured so MTB0 is probably better.

Any feedback on the pellet selection would be useful.

I've had mixed results with monolithic veneers in the past, and often cut back and layer. Are MT pellets going to give a good result with just stain and glaze?
i use MT lisi ingots for veneers all the time. i think they do very well in most cases. mask some minor discoloration in stumps, and still translucent enough to have nice natural vitality in most patients. paired with jensens Miyo, they work great together.

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
i use MT lisi ingots for veneers all the time. i think they do very well in most cases. mask some minor discoloration in stumps, and still translucent enough to have nice natural vitality in most patients. paired with jensens Miyo, they work great together.
Hi Sidesh0wb0b, thanks for that, would you press in B1 to achieve B1 or press a shade lighter?

R

Ryan Gottlieb

Reaction score
I use mtB1 for allot in my lab. I rarely use the BO ingots as they look a little too opacious to me. I like the enamel ingots for veneers but you need to go bright to allow the stump bleed through and to avoid the value loss.
The ht EXW looks great in the mouth for bleach shades.

Top Bottom