Monitor for Exocad

J

Jabel

Reaction score
Hello,

Does Exocad support uwqhd monitors with 21:9 aspect ratio ?
Any suggestion regarding which monitor to buy for dental CAD ?

Thanks.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Call your vendor. They should know.

MedicalChimp

MedicalChimp

Reaction score
I see no reason why it wouldn't work on an ultrawide. I'm able to stretch it to fill two side by side 16x9 monitors.

Honestly - as far as monitor specifications - just whatever you want. If this is just for a CAD machine, it really doesn't matter. Just make sure you have a proper display port input that matches the spec of your GPU. 144hz is nice for just general usage, as well, to reduce curser blur.

I am using two MSI MD271P's and they are great, but due to input limitations I'm stuck at 75hz on my primary and 60 on my secondary. But to re-iterate, it has no function for exocad unless your just used to the smoothness of higher refresh rates.

Hope that helps!

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Hello,

Does Exocad support uwqhd monitors with 21:9 aspect ratio ?
Any suggestion regarding which monitor to buy for dental CAD ?

Thanks.
I use. 32”LED TV and it is fantastic.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, exocad is a window (minimize or maximize accordingly). We use a 50" widescreen in one of our design stations because we have multiple windows, pics, designs being done at the same time on it.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I've got mine in an ultra wide

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
I've got mine in an ultra wide
Same here. There is a move in general (pc, gaming, etc) that is moving away from ultra wide. Most monitors being pushed are focused on features more than ratio. Furthermore in the gaming world high end TV’s (LG C1&2, Samsung QD OLED) are the go to as they double for other purposes as well. More consoles and computer equipment are feature rich but for designing, especially dental designing, any 4K monitor should be fine. It’s really all about personal preference.

Top Bottom