Mondays Suck! But how was your weekend?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Maybe you should cut back on the road kill.

images

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You have no idea what you're missing.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Not from the UK, but I used to love that show. Had to look up Beano and Dandy as I am a Yank.

So not this Beano:
View attachment 21876

But this Beano:

View attachment 21877
Saved my social life.
Ha Ha , Iv'e never seen that product . British people are taught from an early age it's uncouth to do such a thing ,,,,,,,that's why we all walk around with that 'stuck up' look holding our farts in . Hey ! it's good to see the Beano & Dandy are still going :) ,,,,,,,,, When I was a student in Manchester University I was all four of those Guys at different times , that was a great series .

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Another successful adventure in auto repair! I was able to swap the starter on my wife's car in just 55 minutes! Pull the battery and tray, pull the radiator hoses (no need to drain) disconnect the starter and then reinstall everything.

The part cost was $114. The quote from the repair shop was $336. Doing it myself left us $222 for our Saturday night date! I wonder if the shop was budgeting 2 hours or if they charge $200/hr?
20160627_155550.jpg

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
My weekend was great! Saw a lot of friends and family.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Another successful adventure in auto repair! I was able to swap the starter on my wife's car in just 55 minutes! Pull the battery and tray, pull the radiator hoses (no need to drain) disconnect the starter and then reinstall everything.

The part cost was $114. The quote from the repair shop was $336. Doing it myself left us $222 for our Saturday night date! I wonder if the shop was budgeting 2 hours or if they charge $200/hr?
View attachment 22198

You saved more than that because you would have paid the repair shop with after tax dollars.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Mine too, went skid hunting and dumpster diving.

Find anything neat in the dumpsters? I use to have a neighbor who would dumpster dive as a hobby. That guy would find some cool stuff.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score

View attachment 22198
don't most auto repair joints charge a 2 hr minimum when adding labour ?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Find anything neat in the dumpsters? I use to have a neighbor who would dumpster dive as a hobby. That guy would find some cool stuff.

full floor skids and a hardwood tabletop

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The only dumpster diving I've ever done was for a nightguard that was thrown away by mistake.

You have a strategic viewpoint advantage from your balcony.

I might invest in a drone for recognizance purposes.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
don't most auto repair joints charge a 2 hr minimum when adding labour ?

Stealerships charge an arm and a leg :banghead:... they quoted me 700 to replace a front wheel bearing on my wife's SUV...I did it under 150 in an hour...

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
full floor skids and a hardwood tabletop

It's unreal what they throw out at the construction sites...whatever construction material you need. If you bribe the contractors with a sixpack they even load the leftovers on yer truck, saving you from climbing into the bins...;)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It's unreal what they throw out at the construction sites...whatever construction material you need. If you bribe the contractors with a sixpack they even load the leftovers on yer truck, saving you from climbing into the bins...;)

They always lean the good stuff beside the bin.

My friend delivers papers early morning and always comes home with incredible things.
My whole campsite is decorated with tables,umbrellas, and other outdoor furniture. We just picked up a Napoleon Signature Series bbq with rotisserie and side grill .

It's all good.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Recently replaced another door lock accuator on our Pilot. Dealer wants about 300$.
Part was around 35$ and my time. Aetsch Beer

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Other than avoiding heatstroke my weekend was not bad. I ended up at the beach Saturday and
hung out with some friends for lunch yesterday. All in all not a bad weekend.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
My family and I headed up to my brothers camp Friday afternoon. Great place to spend a weekend, I wish it could have been a couple days longer.
It's a perfect spot for sunsets.

Did a little bass fishing...... :D
I maybe should've stretched my arm a little closer to the camera.

Last edited: