Miyo Ivocolor Luster

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
I want to test these liquid Ceramics to see which one is best for me, what colors do you recommend from each one to make : A2,
and Bleach colors
?

I mean With effects for anteriors of course

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You cannot buy single shades of miyo, you have to buy the whole set. The best out there that Ive found is inSync. It works really well on zirconia, sometimes needs two coats on layered ceramic. Dont waste your money on lustre pastes, its the one product from GC that I cannot use, and Ive tried many times.. its very grainy and doesnt fire or handle as nice as the inSync. Ivocolor is nice, I have all three systems sitting on my bench and mix them if I need to, best from ivoclar is the anthracite, for adding grey. With inSync, depending on how much color it needs, I do a wash of the glaze, fairly thick if you do not need to add color, and a thinner coat if you go over it with the base shade color, because the colors have glaze in them also. For occlusals I use the base shade, terracota, and brown. The white doesnt hold its color as well as ivoclar, so if you need a lot of white, you need something more intense. Very slight bit of blue on the incisal, and it looks amazing. I fire at 785'c. I will probably buy a miyo set when they have a sale on it after the fist of the year, but Id be lost without inSync, it handles great and almost never is grainy or pitted after firing. Colors need mixed to get some of the C and D shades.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
75% of my external staining is with InSync, the rest with MiYO and a bit with Ivocolor.
About a year ago, Terry McQuiston on a webinar mentioned the original white, Snow that came with the MiYO kits would disappear during firings. It was driving me nuts, doing multiple bakes trying to get the crack lines to show, or calcification. He mentioned that they came out with
an improved Snow to help with that problem. It works, but I almost find Ivocolor Essence White to hang in there better.

For bleach shades, anaxdent has a bleach Soprano kit: https://www.anaxdentusa.com/cm-soprano-surface-bleach-shades-kit/

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Sounds like were on the same page there.. I thought I was going crazy with the white, so thats good to know. Subtle white is good sometimes, but when its fading during firing, thats a problem. The ivoclar essence holds its color very well.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i used ivocolor and lustre prior to miyo coming out. ivocolor had basically replaced my lustre needs for staining.
when i pulled the trigger on miyo, it took lustre off the shelf for good. (in fact i donated my remaining stock of it to a friend)

i still use ivocolor for a bunch of staining, with some splashes of miyo in there as well. big problem i have with the bulk of the stain systems out there is group shading. i dont care what system it is, A1 shading is not the same as A4 shading. having one shade for the entire range of shades seems absurd to me....so i lean on ivocolor for their variety of colors to stain with.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I have been using lustre paste for years. I mix neutral with a chroma shade to dilute it to get a lets say A1 from the A shade jar which is like an A6.
Works very well for me.
For incisal effect I love Ivoclar's emaxceram shade I2. Comes in a syringe, awesome stuff. I also have Ivocolor and use it here and there, I want to get some structure or surface material to try, think it will improve my work.

Top Bottom