MiYO H.F. Structure

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
My Jensen rep was kind enough to send me the updated MiYO charts. The one may be helpful as far as ideas of what to use and where.

Attachments

• MiYO System Components r4 9-15-2020.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
  • MI993 MiYO Esthetic Kit Components 9-9-2020.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
A

AlexaKiS

Reaction score
Hey guys I am not really sure but can I use miyo on pfm? I use vita vmk master and I am not sure I won't have any cte problems

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
The Structues, I personally wouldn't as the cte is to far off. I'd rather use a low fusing pfm porc. for add ons etc.
Light surface staining with the colors, you'd probably be fine. I haven't used it on pfm enough to give you better feedback, others here maybe have.

Screenshot_2021-02-13_091458.jpg

Last edited:
A

AlexaKiS

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. What would you suggest for add-ons? I currently use ivocolor, it has a good color reproduction and I am able to change 3d master colors with some combinations but I am not satisfied with the smile line that I produce. The colors don't stay exactly where I put them .

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by smile line? The line up of colors?

As far as the colors running or puddling (not staying where you put them)?
If that is the case, use thinner amounts of the stain/glaze, making sure you haven't made it to runny.
It may take you an extra bake or two, but it's worth it, to keep from getting a blotchy or uneven stain look. I sometimes hold the crown
with a tweezer or such under the muffle until the glaze colors, glaze material starts to set. For anteriors, labial side up towards the muffle, for
the posteriors, buccal side up. I don't do this all the time, only if I know I need to do less glaze firings. You can also V out a honeycomb
tray, and lay the anteriors lingual ging 1/2 into the groove with the labial side up. It rests the crowns horizontally to help keep the
glaze from puddling towards the gingival. Again, if it's puddling, you're, I'm, trying to put to much on at a time.

As far as an add on porc for Vita, someone else here who is more familiar with that system or a different companies complementary add on porc. would need to help you with that one.

Last edited:
Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by smile line? The line up of colors?

As far as the colors running or puddling (not staying where you put them)?
If that is the case, use thinner amounts of the stain/glaze, making sure you haven't made it to runny.
It may take you an extra bake or two, but it's worth it, to keep from getting a blotchy or uneven stain look. I sometimes hold the crown
with a tweezer or such under the muffle until the glaze colors, glaze material starts to set. For anteriors, labial side up towards the muffle, for
the posteriors, buccal side up. I don't do this all the time, only if I know I need to do less glaze firings. You can also V out a honeycomb
tray, and lay the anteriors lingual ging 1/2 into the groove with the labial side up. It rests the crowns horizontally to help keep the
glaze from puddling towards the gingival. Again, if it's puddling, you're, I'm, trying to put to much on at a time.

As far as an add on porc for Vita, someone else here who is more familiar with that system or a different companies complementary add on porc. would need to help you with that one.
Hi Car, would you mind sharing a pic of your modified honeycomb tray? Sounds intriguing 🙂

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Hi Car, would you mind sharing a pic of your modified honeycomb tray? Sounds intriguing 🙂

Here you go, Super Dave :)
It's just a 1/2 piece of a square one that had broken. The bridge was a loss, a learning curve bridge, so please, no grief for it ;)

20210213_161604.jpg

20210213_161630.jpg

20210213_161714.jpg

Last edited:
Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Here you go, Super Dave :)
It's just a 1/2 piece of a square one that had broken. The bridge was a loss, a learning curve bridge, so please, no grief for it ;)

View attachment 37868

View attachment 37869

View attachment 37870
That's a great idea, can think of a number of occasions where I thought what the h can I do with this situation. Thanks, you have me on another pursuit!! I must say that with InSync liquid I have never had any, ANY pooling of stain or any movement from placement issues. Had a ton of comparable issue, me being the guy attempting, with IvoColour. Drove me crazy by comparison. Love Miyo and their liquid. Their liquid is the magic, thixotropic, can stack and remain in place, never runs. Btw you can use as a porcelain liquid with porcelain powders and micro build with it with ease. What you place wet just stays as you place it!!! You don't need to worry about "dry out" as you go across an anterior 6. Sensational product!!! Just ensure your mix is not too wet or runny then gravity takes hold.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
That's a great idea, can think of a number of occasions where I thought what the h can I do with this situation. Thanks, you have me on another pursuit!! I must say that with InSync liquid I have never had any, ANY pooling of stain or any movement from placement issues. Had a ton of comparable issue, me being the guy attempting, with IvoColour. Drove me crazy by comparison. Love Miyo and their liquid. Their liquid is the magic, thixotropic, can stack and remain in place, never runs. Btw you can use as a porcelain liquid with porcelain powders and micro build with it with ease. What you place wet just stays as you place it!!! You don't need to worry about "dry out" as you go across an anterior 6. Sensational product!!! Just ensure your mix is not too wet or runny then gravity takes hold.

To be honest, I'm still using up my bottles of Pentron's Universal Glaze Medium. I'll have to give the InSync liquid a try when I run out.

Your idea of using the liquid as a build up liquid is an excellent idea, I do that with my contact add ons using the Pentron liquid. With that liquid
I found that 3:1 (3 of distilled water) works the best for me. I have it in a separate bottle, pre-mixed. When I get the InSync liquid,
I'll have to give that a try, as you now have me on a pursuit :)

edit: I did get the InSync liquid when I purchased the kit(s),but I liked the viscosity and price of the Pentron liquid better. It also worked great at keeping my brush tips hydrated. Thus it was dual purpose. The InSync liquid seemed to be a bit thinner. But with Pentron being a company of the past, I will buy some InSync and give it another try.

20210214_061741.jpg

Last edited:
ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
To be honest, I'm still using up my bottles of Pentron's Universal Glaze Medium. I'll have to give the InSync liquid a try when I run out.

Your idea of using the liquid as a build up liquid is an excellent idea, I do that with my contact add ons using the Pentron liquid. With that liquid
I found that 3:1 (3 of distilled water) works the best for me. I have it in a separate bottle, pre-mixed. When I get the InSync liquid,

edit: I did get the InSync liquid when I purchased the kit(s),but I liked the viscosity and price of the Pentron liquid better. It also worked great at keeping my brush tips hydrated. Thus it was dual purpose. The InSync liquid seemed to be a bit thinner. But with Pentron being a company of the past, I will buy some InSync and give it another try.

View attachment 37877

Hey Car, I’ve found this liquid to be Very similar to the pentron. Been using this glaze about six months now . Put a drop of each on glass slab and dipped finger into each. Same viscosity. You can get it at common supply sources or direct. Good price too
(edit ,add pic)
12C8C323-72DD-4DB7-9389-5AE20C6F5D4F.jpeg

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Hey Car, I’ve found this liquid to Very similar to the pentron. Been using this glaze about six months now . Put a drop of each on glass slab and dipped finger into each. Same viscosity. You can get it at common supply sources or direct. Good price too

This liquid...InSync? Isn't Jensen the sole distributor of their products?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
That's a great idea, can think of a number of occasions where I thought what the h can I do with this situation. Thanks, you have me on another pursuit!!

It also works for doing the porc wash firings on emax etc. to help keeping if from slumping towards the ging if you were to place them upright while the slurry is still wet. I do one at a time, by the time I put one on the tray, on the porc furnace platform, and complete the next unit, the one is dry enough, or almost dry enough to pick up and put on another tray, or a wire peg. If they totally dry out, you can end up in losing some of the porc wash as it flakes off easier and has to be added back on to.

20210214_135757.jpg

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score

View attachment 37877
I have gallons of liquids from a range of producers, InSync is the 1st and Only liquid in this class period. Don't know how they came to this magic, only know that it's here and real!!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Magnum?
Let's start the bidding...

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I have gallons of liquids from a range of producers, InSync is the 1st and Only liquid in this class period. Don't know how they came to this magic, only know that it's here and real!!

Okay Kevin, is that you? Have you assimilated into the body of Sda36? :) :)

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Okay Kevin, is that you? Have you assimilated into the body of Sda36? :) :)
Now that is hilarious!!! Just got up after consuming all those gallons😜 Seriously, don't have any idea what constitutes their liquid other than it's different from all others I've used through decades and it's properties are soley in its own class. Amazing stuff!! Try playing around with it. I use it for my liner firing when micro-layering with InSync porcelain. I add MIYO colors with the appropriate liner shade to get exact background shading, then layer with enamel's over those. I also use it for the micro layering as it is totally stable and non- flowing- static. I would'nt open my lab door if it was'nt available now. Been through enough over the years and can relate Many false products and claims. Tartgris Vector by Ivolclar as an example. Not a lot of fun with that specific idea. Attenended a lecture by Dr Scott Dyrer in Chicago 2005. This guy got every sort of composit/plastic ever imagined by the pound (Major$$$$) He demonsrated that Targis/ Vector had Catastrophropic failure at 20% load. Repeat, the stuff supposed to be magic for us.
When I see and use products that Really work I gladly employ them. That's why I've used Tanaka Dental Products for years. (Actually since 1984) It was actually a quote from " Dr. Harold Shavell, Chicago" who said he would'nt enter his office without "Bite-X" being available.
Sorry for the Pandora Box lid open reply Car 54 🙂 Sorry, not Kevin 😱 but he's great!

Top Bottom