MiYO H.F. Structure

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It looks like it's now available.
This version of Structure I may actually use.
Now if they can only reel in the promotions dept. to ban that word from their ads, would be nice ;)

miyo high.PNG

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Yes, of course they have to change (I'm being a bit sarcastic),that's part of it being a game changer, new temps, new programs, maybe a bit of a learning curve etc ;) :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm very interested in trying this.
I would be curious to see if I could make veneers with this.

...for the record.

66Stang

Reaction score
It looks like it's now available.
This version of Structure I may actually use.
Now if they can only reel in the promotions dept. to ban that word from their ads, would be nice ;)

View attachment 37004
It's a brilliant use of the term, simply brilliant. In fact, everyone commented that it's the most brilliant use of the word ever in history...I didn't say it, the people said it, that's what they said...They were all like "That's amazing, so smart....game-changing....the hyphen, the hyphen is what makes it amazing"...I mean who would ever think to do that....This is going to be huge....

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Lol...not that you're a part of the promotions department would affect your zeal for it, right, KIM? :)

Seriously, this H.F. looks to be a great improvement. Good job, Jensen :)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Their use of game-changing was game changing.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
@Car 54 Dude, you are like lightening today. I had a funny before the page reloaded here.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Still not sure how high fusing this material is, hoping its like creation maybe. I've been using InSync porcelain for this purpose so far, not really High fusing though but about 80°C above Miyo so has been pretty decent 👌

66Stang

Reaction score
Indeed, a snap on Pt foil. Also, remove and colorize with normal Miyo after removal from Pt foil. Just thinking of possibilities :Hello:Questionmark
That's an interesting thought! I will try to do a little research there....Only issue might be CTE with foil?

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
That's an interesting thought! I will try to do a little research there....Only issue might be CTE with foil?
No CTE issue with foil as it is in fact relaxed, no stress as could be with cast Pt. The ceramic actually would displace or stress the foil, not the other way around. That's why it's recommended to actually reform to the die after 1st wash bakes even though it cracks ceramic doing so. Then build further checking to see if ceramic shrinkage has pulled away from fit. You can fire as much as needed without concern of the issues with PAM'S where minimal firings are Big.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I would prefer using a refractory die for this procedure.
This is how you fix a margin with Miyo.

66Stang

Reaction score
No CTE issue with foil as it is in fact relaxed, no stress as could be with cast Pt. The ceramic actually would displace or stress the foil, not the other way around. That's why it's recommended to actually reform to the die after 1st wash bakes even though it cracks ceramic doing so. Then build further checking to see if ceramic shrinkage has pulled away from fit. You can fire as much as needed without concern of the issues with PAM'S where minimal firings are Big.
So I spoke to Don Cornell (Instrumental in the development of MiYO) and he agreed that you could use Structure on PT foil. In fact, when he was doing some testing with Structure, he did it on refractory material also. He is going to get me the name of the material as it was not the standard refractory but one with a lower CTE I believe.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So I assume Structure will be available in the 16 vita shades or just abcd?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with headquarters. I believe he said for now, they just have Window and Enamel. The firing temp is 760c

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with headquarters. I believe he said for now, they just have Window and Enamel. The firing temp is 760c
lol, I suppose that's all I need when I have the other frigging kits Banghead

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Lol...I did, but you did have me thinking twice that maybe I had missed out on something more that they had come out with 🤔 :)

Good idea, though.