Mistake

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
After I put cases in the processing tank last night, I forgot to turn it on. I turned it on when I came in this morning. Will the acrylic be okay or am I going to have porosity?
I've been a tech for over 35 years and this is a first for me (and hopefully the last). It just goes to show that's why they put erasers on pencils, we all make mistakes!

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
After I put cases in the processing tank last night, I forgot to turn it on. I turned it on when I came in this morning. Will the acrylic be okay or am I going to have porosity?
I've been a tech for over 35 years and this is a first for me (and hopefully the last). It just goes to show that's why they put erasers on pencils, we all make mistakes!
They should be fine....just never forget to turn off and cook dry.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
They should be fine....just never forget to turn off and cook dry.
Thanks! That's what I was hoping. I considered opening them up and taking the acrylic out and repacking them, but that would have meant gluing every tooth back in so I just turned the tank on. After it came up to temp and it was too late to open them up I started second guessing myself.
Unless the timer on the tank goes out, I shouldn't ever have it cook dry.

Last edited:
Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Thanks! That's what I was hoping. I considered opening them up and taking the acrylic out and repacking them, but that would have meant gluing every tooth back in so I just turned the tank on. After it came up to temp and it was to late to open them up I started second guessing myself.
Unless the timer on the tank goes out, I shouldn't ever have it cook dry.
May as a fail safe for your timer, perhaps install a second time at your plug, digital, programmable and inexpensive.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200717-111513_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200717-111513_Chrome.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 13
T

TX-2th-guy

Reaction score
It will be very interesting to hear back from you later today and see what really happens. If you are processing conventionally (trial packing) I don't think you will have any problems with porosity. The cases have been in a closed system (flasks and submerged in water) all night, so I don't think you will lose any residual monomer, therefore the acrylic has not dried out. Please report back and let us all know you outcome. Thank you.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
It will be very interesting to hear back from you later today and see what really happens. If you are processing conventionally (trial packing) I don't think you will have any problems with porosity. The cases have been in a closed system (flasks and submerged in water) all night, so I don't think you will lose any residual monomer, therefore the acrylic has not dried out. Please report back and let us all know you outcome. Thank you.
They were Success injected and have pressure caps on them, totally closed. I've got my fingers crossed. I'll let y'all know what happens.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Whew!!! they were just fine, which is good to know if I ever make that dumb a$$ mistake again!
Get a plastic donkey. Tape it above the last switch you turn off going out the door.

You'll see it and remember to check.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Get a plastic donkey. Tape it above the last switch you turn off going out the door.

You'll see it and remember to check.
I needed to leave early. I had that on my mind and didn’t do my daily routine of going from one end of the lab to the other to check that everything is in order. I put the cases in the tank, closed the lid and didn’t think anything more about it until I opened the front door yesterday morning and I didn’t hear the fan on the tank. My first thought was a power outage, flipped lights on, nope not power, ut oh, my next thought was the tank is unplugged AGAIN, no it’s plugged in. I hit the on switch and it came on......Aw $hit!!

What I meant about it being unplugged again is that happened a few years ago. Same scenario as yesterday, no sound when I went in. I opened the tank and the water was the temp it should be, so I thought power, but no, lights are on, so I think it’s burnt out but I don’t smell anything. It wouldn’t come on, I happened to look at the outlet, unplugged! How does a 220 three prog plug fall out of the outlet which it fits snugly into? We have a ghost who has unplugged a few things over the years. One day I was on the phone, hung up and went to make another call and the line was dead. My first thought was the modem needed reset again. All the lights were off on it, as I reached for it to hit the reset button I happened to look down and it was unplugged. I was at the other end of the lab and it came unplugged by itself, sure it did, we have a ghost who doesn’t like electricity.