Milling zirconia

I

implantguy

Reaction score
Greetings colleagues!
I’m looking at milling titanium for frameworks and am under the understanding that it needs to be wet milled. If this is the case what experience and thoughts do the milling wizards have on milling zirconia wet using the same mill? Doable ? Advisable ? I hope to restrict this question to technicians who have the experience and expertise of doing, as opposed to sales reps, no disrespect intended.
Thanks everyone for your input !

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score

G

grantoz

Reaction score
dont do it your milling liquid effects the colour of the zi

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
All of our customers mill wet (pure water is the liquid) with fantastic results. They all enjoy the benefits of wet-milling and we have had no customer go back to milling dry.

B

Brian Lasater

Reaction score
All of our customers mill wet (pure water is the liquid) with fantastic results. They all enjoy the benefits of wet-milling and we have had no customer go back to milling dry.
Beautiful machines...what is the price range?

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Four machines ranging from approx is $28K to $100K+ depending on options.
Our most popular machine is the 5X400. Solution bundle is $39,950.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Four machines ranging from approx is $28K to $100K+ depending on options.
Our most popular machine is the 5X400. Solution bundle is $39,950.

I was there last night, considering, dreaming of a 5 axis mill upgrade. I'm still 2 years away from that, but for my budget, the 5X 300D looks pretty enticing :)

Last edited:
brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
I would suggest that the new Versamill 5X450 is the machine for the application you mention in the OP. It is really targeted for titanium work and I have to say looks to be a very, very nice machine. I am very impressed by its construction and quality of output (and as many may know by now, that's saying something) Unbelievably smooth operation.

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
@brayks, do you sell any used equipment?
Thanks for your inquiry.
We do from time to time when we have a demonstration/development machine available.
Please shoot me a PM with your contact information and I will have someone contact you to discuss what we might have available.
Best
Steve