Milling Titanium

GhostFake

GhostFake

Reaction score
Does anyone here mill from Titanium Pucks? How do you mill your bars? We have a Motion 2 and Mikro, and a doctor is requesting for us to make him a bar, and I thought that milling from a titanium puck wouldn't be a problem, but AG is saying there aren't even pucks for them. Ideas?

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
I haven't used the newer AG Motion mills, but from the ones I've used I wouldn't imagine that they are robust enough to be milling bars. You can certainly buy a 98mm Ti blank in various sizes, but you still need the correct templates to setup the mill job and the correct tooling to mill the interfaces and screw rest seats depending on which system you are using. Then there is still the question of whether the mill will be able to mill a bar at the level of accuracy needed for the bar to be a success. I've milled bars on a Versamill 5x500 with good results out of a puck

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
Trucrown is another good option, I always find them kind of interesting to deal with, but I find that their milling is quality and their prices reasonable. Also they seem to be able to do just about anything

Top Bottom