G

GHSDL

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking in purchasing a dry milling machine for in Ontario, Canada.
I am currently using a CORiTEC350i PRO+.
I was checking out the vhf S5 and R5, Roland DWX-52DCi and also Zirkonzhan M1 and M2.
Curious into: - how fast they can mill zirconia restorations
- if they are open source milling machines

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking in purchasing a dry milling machine for in Ontario, Canada.
I am currently using a CORiTEC350i PRO+.
I was checking out the vhf S5 and R5, Roland DWX-52DCi and also Zirkonzhan M1 and M2.
Curious into: - how fast they can mill zirconia restorations
- if they are open source milling machines
I believe in Roland? I have 2 older machines. I call them the Toyota of milling machine. They keep running with no issue. Japanese all the way.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
That's like going from a Ferrari to a Honda, lol. 350I pro is no joke. But they VHF mills are build pretty damn well. i have 4 older ones, 2 k4's, a Si and a S2. But the newer S5 and R5 and slick.

as the fast milling ZR they all can and are capable with the right CAM software. No matter what software you go the limitation is in the material. To say that millbox can mill a molar in ZR in 12 min and hyperdent can mill it in 7 as where 12 min is the material limits is insane. Look for service, when crap hits the fan. Don;t want to buy something that you can't get service quickly or parts quickly. And support if you need it.

G

GHSDL

Reaction score
I believe in Roland? I have 2 older machines. I call them the Toyota of milling machine. They keep running with no issue. Japanese all the way.
Reliability is a good point, do you know approximately how long it takes the Roland to milling a crown, bridge or full blank, etc?

G

GHSDL

Reaction score
That's like going from a Ferrari to a Honda, lol. 350I pro is no joke. But they VHF mills are build pretty damn well. i have 4 older ones, 2 k4's, a Si and a S2. But the newer S5 and R5 and slick.

as the fast milling ZR they all can and are capable with the right CAM software. No matter what software you go the limitation is in the material. To say that millbox can mill a molar in ZR in 12 min and hyperdent can mill it in 7 as where 12 min is the material limits is insane. Look for service, when crap hits the fan. Don;t want to buy something that you can't get service quickly or parts quickly. And support if you need it.
Ahhh, it makes sense the CAM software determines the mill speed.
What would you say about the cleaning and maintenance of the machines?
Also does vhf have their own support branch in Ontario?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Mill is just like a printer. it doesn't know any different then what it is told to do. As for support in ontario not sure. Cleaning and maintenance is easy. collet maintenance as usual, everyday or everyotherday. Calibration as needed maybe once a month sometimes longer. But most import is the compressed air must be 100% dry, moisture will kill any mill.

Z

Zirconia Wizard

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you just get another Coritec 350i pro with loader? I have two coritec. One 350i loader and 350i pro + with loader. I am capable of running both mills from the same software just by clicking which machine to send the job to via millbox base software. They have been the most reliable machines I have ever used with fast, accurate mill times with quality secondary anatomy. Even the option to speed crn reducing time milled sacrificing secondary anatomy appearance however.
From my friends that use Roland type mills... They have been notorious for the long mill times with inaccurate mill finish time prediction results. Like vhf software its ballpark time instead of precise it seems. Even when Roland using sum3d/millbox combo software these problems still persist.

But like the other users above mentioned..... We have the tools but they are only as cable as the software deems it so.

B

Bryce D

Reaction score
I have a Roland 51D it takes 10-18 minuts a unit for molars, 7-14 for smaller units I use sum3d.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Reliability is a good point, do you know approximately how long it takes the Roland to milling a crown, bridge or full blank, etc?
20min for a crown.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
how long do you want it to take?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
try the new Zirkonzahn m2 you can use 98mm 95mm and 125mm pucks in it .its really a nice machine.

G

GHSDL

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you just get another Coritec 350i pro with loader? I have two coritec. One 350i loader and 350i pro + with loader. I am capable of running both mills from the same software just by clicking which machine to send the job to via millbox base software. They have been the most reliable machines I have ever used with fast, accurate mill times with quality secondary anatomy. Even the option to speed crn reducing time milled sacrificing secondary anatomy appearance however.
From my friends that use Roland type mills... They have been notorious for the long mill times with inaccurate mill finish time prediction results. Like vhf software its ballpark time instead of precise it seems. Even when Roland using sum3d/millbox combo software these problems still persist.

But like the other users above mentioned..... We have the tools but they are only as cable as the software deems it so.
That is a good idea, but I was curious to know the pros and cons of other mills.
Like if it would be better to get cheaper mill but in the cost of more mill time, etc.

G

GHSDL

Reaction score
try the new Zirkonzahn m2 you can use 98mm 95mm and 125mm pucks in it .its really a nice machine.
I would love to but I haven't met anyone who can give me some feedback on it.
Would you happen to know the pricing on it?
Do you have any feedback like quality, mill speed or other their technical support is in North America?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
the quality speed service and training are excellent but pricing you will need to contact them as it varies from country to country. but in oz its less expensive than ivoclar does that help .

G

grantoz

Reaction score
for tech support go their website and check out the centres they have in the states.