Milling machine recommendations for small lab

R

Rockmuscle

Reaction score
DOF makes a decent budget mill that can do everything you need. Imes 350i is another great all arounder with several support options.

If oral surgeons are buying it, why are you concerned about spending too much? One $$ patient could pay for most of a decent mill. Im saying that because you only get one purchase and if you dont get something that will suit your future needs also, your mill could be outdated in a couple years, not to mention older models get replaced every 4-5 years and for sure in less than 10 years you wont find any support for it. Reps will lead you astray, they are just salesmen, selling one product, so youre on the right track here. Get a cup of coffee and read here and you will see the problems people have had with any mill out there.
Imes mills and their support are lousy. Stay away from them. I have Roland mill and a versamill 4x500. Roland mill is good but support sucks. The versamills are the best in my experience

J

Jditty

Reaction score
I have a versamill 5 by 400 and I love it. Plus the support is awesome .
Hi, I see you have the 5 x 400 and love it.. We have a Roland dry mill for past 7 years. We mill about 400 zirconia units per month.. We want to get into milling our own custom abutments and we are currently sending these out now. We do about 50 custom abutments per month. I'm on the verge of ordering a the Versamill AX726DW Pro 5-Axis to handle our 400 zirconia units plus the 50 abutments and future growth in of bars and complex full mouth restorations.
Ive heard good things about the Versatile and im hoping that the AX726W Pro is the 5 x 400 model you have on steroids. any advise you have would be appreciated. Thanks

A

adl

Reaction score
Hi, I see you have the 5 x 400 and love it.. We have a Roland dry mill for past 7 years. We mill about 400 zirconia units per month.. We want to get into milling our own custom abutments and we are currently sending these out now. We do about 50 custom abutments per month. I'm on the verge of ordering a the Versamill AX726DW Pro 5-Axis to handle our 400 zirconia units plus the 50 abutments and future growth in of bars and complex full mouth restorations.
Ive heard good things about the Versatile and im hoping that the AX726W Pro is the 5 x 400 model you have on steroids. any advise you have would be appreciated. Thanks
Hello,
I can only tell you my experience with 5 by 400 , I’m not familiar with the other mill. I only mill around 250 zirconia units per month, but I believe you can mill Zirconia all day long. I change my water tank and clean the collet once a week. Always use good burs and don’t go over their life span. Clean your water pump every time you change the liquid . Take it apart and give it a good cleaning. I milled some abutments, not doing that anymore. I don’t have the time and quite frankly I don’t think the mill can take it . I mill lithium disilicate since I don’t press anything anymore. That’s hard on the mill too, I mill close to 100 units a month.. Bars, don’t even think about it. You can mill Zirconia all on 4 easily. When I mill pmma I change the burs more often.
Support is very good and you’ll need it. I used to mill dry before I bought this and milling wet suits my style better. It’s less messy, less labor cleaning the units , the units are more detailed and the burs last longer . I also use a .3 mm bur for my zirconia..
I hope this helps. If you want to do abutments and bars you have to get one of the big boys they have.

J

Jditty

Reaction score
Hello,
I can only tell you my experience with 5 by 400 , I’m not familiar with the other mill. I only mill around 250 zirconia units per month, but I believe you can mill Zirconia all day long. I change my water tank and clean the collet once a week. Always use good burs and don’t go over their life span. Clean your water pump every time you change the liquid . Take it apart and give it a good cleaning. I milled some abutments, not doing that anymore. I don’t have the time and quite frankly I don’t think the mill can take it . I mill lithium disilicate since I don’t press anything anymore. That’s hard on the mill too, I mill close to 100 units a month.. Bars, don’t even think about it. You can mill Zirconia all on 4 easily. When I mill pmma I change the burs more often.
Support is very good and you’ll need it. I used to mill dry before I bought this and milling wet suits my style better. It’s less messy, less labor cleaning the units , the units are more detailed and the burs last longer . I also use a .3 mm bur for my zirconia..
I hope this helps. If you want to do abutments and bars you have to get one of the big boys they have.
Thanks for the info. It sounds like the 5x400 can do zirconia all day but may struggle with titanium. This is where we need our new mill to rise to the occasion. I need someone with the AX726W Pro to chime in..

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the 400 was indeed not built for titanium, though can accomplish abutments within reason.

it will not mill metal pucks though, bars will be off the table for that.

whereabouts in the USA are you, i will direct Axsys sales to contact you.

-Ben
Axsys support

Top Bottom