Milling Crystal Ultra

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I know there are some older threads on here about this product, but I was wondering what people are using for burs when milling Ultra? Also what mill works best? I have done some on my 350i, it took forever and looked ok. I'm looking at getting the c-clamp holder so it will get those pesky undercut areas. I'm also using MillBox for my CAM.

Thanks in advance for anyhelp

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
I want info about this product as well. I have a doctor asking about using this on hybrid cases and after doing some research I found that a lab in Arizona is marketing and selling this material. They said that it takes a robust mill to handle the material. Is there anyone on here with any experience using the Ultra? How does it mill, how does it look, how does it perform over time?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
If you can get anyone there to answer your calls and emails, let it be known. @CoolHandLuke tried for over a year to make contact.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
its a "high class" composite whose vague milling instructions are to use Diamond PCD tools, but leave you with no feeds, speeds, MRR or torque values.

when i did a strength test it was balls. but if you insist.

best people to talk to about this is Articon in California; they milled an equal material for me called Amberino. thats how its marketed in Europe anyhow. ask Mikhail for the tooling, feeds and speeds, or a millbox addon if they make one.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
Someone did answer my call and emailed some info to me, but it was regarding outsourcing to them. They said that I needed a special mill (one that they sell I’m sure) to mill the material.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Someone did answer my call and emailed some info to me, but it was regarding outsourcing to them. They said that I needed a special mill (one that they sell I’m sure) to mill the material.

We have a material in the works that will rival ' Crystal Ultra '. Supposed to be done this month ( 🤞)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I hope you will be.more forthcoming about the cutting.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I hope it's called super ultimate 2

Top Bottom