Milling bur recommendations? (For ROLAND)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
if you are experiencing poor performance from your tools, there are several things to check. 1. tool runout. 2. deflection. 3. vibration. 4. mill overpower.

tool runout means the amount of physical deformity the tool holder has in the chuck. if its not held straight, it wont cut straight!

Deflection is how much the tool turns into banana shape during milling. it could be that the cap tools allow for more flex in the tool than Ron's tools do. though i make no claims to know how banana shaped Ron's tool is. i imagine slight curve to the left...

Vibration can harm your machine long term. if your mill is on a wooden table that seems to wobble when its milling, consider adding leg supports to stop that. you want it to stay as rigid as possible because the vibration is inertia that isn't being absorbed, just deflected. this inertia is likely caused by making the machine go too fast, perfect segue into Mill Overpower; each spindle can be shown to have a certain amount of power at 100RPM, and a different amount of power at 30 000 RPM.and for the most part a linear transition through the power, tapering off the higher you go. beyond a certain point (different for every spindle) the power required to get more rpm starts growing exponentially. this means the curve does have an upper limit, based on input power. no, in zirconia manufacturing this power curve doesnt really mean a lot, other than to say the power of the spindle if it is going too fast will be detrimental to your tools and your crowns. in hard material manufacturing (i.e. if you were using a mill to cut stainless steel crowns, or titanium abutments) this power curve observation is critical for longevity sake. you want to know the machine isn't stable when it draws all 20amps from the wall, and act accordingly. not only limiting the input draw, but the output power as well, because you don't want to calculate that the maximum cutting speed of a Kennametal tool might be 29k RPM, but if your tool holders are only rated for 20k, you'll instantly know you have to back off from maximum or the runout will kill your tools. hence, knowingly and purposefully underpowering your process to preserve the life of the machine.
again, i run a 51d with cap strategies and TD burs. no issues. my table isnt as stable as i would like, but it seems to be stable enough for 99.9% of what im doing

F

FRANKOLAB

Reaction score
We use Datron Coated mills for dwx50 and dwx51d.
They have longlife ability!

Надіслано із мого iPhone за допомогою Tapatalk

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
We use Datron Coated mills for dwx50 and dwx51d.
They have longlife ability!

where do you get them? and approx cost?

F

FRANKOLAB

Reaction score
In Germany near forty € per piece

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I've been using Wagner's Roland 51d burs, third of the price from Uncle Hank and been going great. I tried TD, but I couldn't get them to give me consistent quality millings...not sure if it was the strategies or feed rates, but haven't had much time to create a strategy for them....especially since Wagner's has been working awesome!!!

WENDY

WENDY

Reaction score
I've been using Wagner's Roland 51d burs, third of the price from Uncle Hank and been going great. I tried TD, but I couldn't get them to give me consistent quality millings...not sure if it was the strategies or feed rates, but haven't had much time to create a strategy for them....especially since Wagner's has been working awesome!!!

Thank you for the heads up on the TD burs!
I might give both a try.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WENDY

WENDY

Reaction score

Trying to look for the Wagner's burs- is it the Wagner Precision Rotary Instruments Company?

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
we use TD dental tools with our AG mills and have had no issues with them. Get right around the 400 units they say u can get, and for the price you cant go wrong. and everything mills really nice. barely any green state work is needed, (well when the design is good)

WENDY

WENDY

Reaction score
we use TD dental tools with our AG mills and have had no issues with them. Get right around the 400 units they say u can get, and for the price you cant go wrong. and everything mills really nice. barely any green state work is needed, (well when the design is good)

Looking forward to use TDs burs.
Ordered one today [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O

OvisMe

Reaction score
In Germany near forty € per piece

FRANKOLAB, could you tell me where do you buy Datron burs? I use them, but get more than 2.5x your price... Thank you.