Milling Bis-GMA

Z

Zak Johnson

Reaction score
Does anyone know a 98mm disk made of Bis-GMA for temporaries? Doctors are not liking relining traditional milled PMMA

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
No idea, I am highly interested in what they disliked that this should solve.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Does anyone know a 98mm disk made of Bis-GMA for temporaries? Doctors are not liking relining traditional milled PMMA
I am guessing you are doing the shell technique? Why not just fill the acrylic temps with their normal composite and cure? Do they not make composite milling disks? My guess is that composite milling disks would chip like crazy.

Z

Zak Johnson

Reaction score
I am guessing you are doing the shell technique? Why not just fill the acrylic temps with their normal composite and cure? Do they not make composite milling disks? My guess is that composite milling disks would chip like crazy.
Their normal composite does not bond to PMMA and easily delaminates

Z

Zak Johnson

Reaction score
No idea, I am highly interested in what they disliked that this should solve.
Feedback I have received on acrylic relines:
1.) Curing takes too long when compared to a composite reline
2.) Curing acrylic smells bad for the patient
3.) The heat given off by curing acrylic is uncomfortable.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
They need condition surface with MMA and then use a primer that will allow there light cured acrylic to bond to the successfully bond. I use this when I help in the all on four and these stay in function for up to 6 months.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
They need condition surface with MMA and then use a primer that will allow there light cured acrylic to bond to the successfully bond. I use this when I help in the all on four and these stay in function for up to 6 months.

MMA is methyl methacrylate? It says it is an experimental liquid? Been using it to do this since porcelain teeth went out of style.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
MMA is methyl methacrylate? It says it is an experimental liquid? Been using it to do this since porcelain teeth went out of style.
I read it as experimental to this purpose LCA(Light Cured Acrylics). I have done this forever on denture teeth but I also don't do many dentures. I started looking when I wanted to simplify the post operative adaptation of a milled appliance to newly placed implants without introducing tons of free monomer in the surgical site. With this, they can use any controllable LCA material that can be syringed in and cure quickly to pick up the position. More studies on this in PubMed.