Milling 6 Unit Lowers

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
May I get your help, please?

When you all mill 6 unit lower anterior cases, do you put sprues on every unit, or can I skip every other one and just do 2 on the abutments?
Can it cause any milling stress fit issues in doing it that way? I understand a longer sinter program with slow temp rates up and down will help
maintain fit accuracy. Just wanted do get your thoughts on if this is okay.

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks, Bob. Will do.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I'd remove the sprue on #32 (or 23 if you like) and move the brigde closer to the other unit in the puck. Don't worry about stress...

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I'd remove the sprue on #32 (or 23 if you like) and move the brigde closer to the other unit in the puck. Don't worry about stress...

Those 2 sprues look a little to crowded? Yep, I can move that over a bit more, good call.

I do keep it away from the edge just a bit more than normal, as Beyond uses plastic collars that the zirconia puck is glued to.
If I get it to close to the edge, it chatters when it hits that gap, and I've lost or broken units from that happening.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies and help, as I wanted to get this milled and sintering tonight. I appreciate, guys :)

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
If I get it to close to the edge, it chatters when it hits that gap, and I've lost or broken units from that happening.
It might be a clamping issue I think, we use plastic rimmed pucks as well and it never happened so far. Haven't tried Beyond, tho...Dontknow

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Beyond's glue can be kinda sporadic around the disc, with some thin and blank spots here and there where it can be a issue.
Maybe because it's also on the outside edge of a C clamp that makes it more susceptible for me? Maybe if I was on the inside
edge against the C clamp may be more of a dampener, have a dampening effect?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
It's the C-clamp, no support leads to more vibrations.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Makes sense. I really hadn't thought about it in that way until you mentioned the clamp itself.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
By the way, thanks for all the helpful advice. The bridge went well and fit well.
I ran it on a slower program, 9 hour, just to make sure it wouldn't be heating and cooling to quickly.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
thanks for the follow up. wish you took pics

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I thought about it, but I was running behind on the case when I posted this thread.
Maybe next time :)

Top Bottom