Milled Emax

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
Looking possibly at getting my emax milled now. What pricing is out there for getting emax milled and sent to me for sintering here at my lab.
Thanks
Rick

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Tad does a great job. He will join in here im sure. The fits are impressive, no reaction layer, solid color, no sprue discoloration, 2 day turn. :Top:

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
Tad does a great job. He will join in here im sure. The fits are impressive, no reaction layer, solid color, no sprue discoloration, 2 day turn. :Top:

Tad who? deos he work from an STL

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Gotta chime in: Try Wieland Precision Technology or its new name Ivoclar Vivadent in Troy, Michigan. They can accept .stl or .cam files and have fast turn-around times as well. 888-934-2336

Juliana McCready

Juliana McCready

Reaction score
We offer wax milling services from an stl. for other labs. :)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Right, I was just showing him who Tad was...and your thought may also help rgkbmk know that it won't ring Tad's dinner bell, for him to come a callin here :)

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I dont really care for milled Emax...It looks nice . Problem is though they only mill to 1mm and its just not thin enough for allot of cases.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I dont really care for milled Emax...It looks nice . Problem is though they only mill to 1mm and its just not thin enough for allot of cases.
I've had emax cad milled so thin it was right scary and I wish I had designed thicker. Now I measure thickness once finished.
fyi miiled off imes-icore mill, not Cerec in-lab !

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I've had emax cad milled so thin it was right scary and I wish I had designed thicker. Now I measure thickness once finished.
fyi miiled off imes-icore mill, not Cerec in-lab !
O.K.. The only place I have had them milled is at Ivoclar and they only mill to 1mm.. I guess I need to find another source.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
If you're talking about getting them milled for layering, and you need to thin them down to 7/10ths or less for labial anterior layering, then that would be a bummer to have to thin those out.

If you're talking about monolithic emax, I try not to, don't go thinner than 1mm especially on occlusions of posteriors. If it's the linguals of upper anteriors, I stop at 7-8/10ths as the thinnest. IMO, if you're having to go below that, the Drs aren't giving you enough reduction you need to for emax, or I trim the opposing and let them know why.

edit:sp

Last edited: