Milled acetal frameworks

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
These look pretty cool but how do you add a tooth to them if the patient loses a tooth?

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
These look pretty cool but how do you add a tooth to them if the patient loses a tooth?
The design is just like a cast framework, you keep space under the frame with tissue stops. So when it is processed it is sandwiches between upper and lower acrylic. Basically it functions like a cast frame.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Yeah I got that part. My concern is six months after insert when the patient loses another tooth. You can’t bond anything to the frame. How do you add a tooth without making a whole new partial.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Yeah I got that part. My concern is six months after insert when the patient loses another tooth. You can’t bond anything to the frame. How do you add a tooth without making a whole new partial.

We have done maybe 50 of these over the last 7-8 years. So not a lot but enough to get a little experience.

We have used a plastic welding technique similar to what you would use for any of your flexible partial materials that has worked, sometimes. I don’t seem to get as good of a repair out of acetal as I do with other materials though. Could just be technique.

Your best bet though is communicate with your account, mine are well aware of the lack or repair ability, ask them if they are predicting future tooth loss, if they have a tooth/teeth they foresee not being around in a year or two you can design the framework with some mesh work in behind the teeth that will be next to go. In the meantime cover the mesh with acrylic then when the time comes you have something to assist in holding the teeth to the partial. Not a perfect solution but it’s a option.

I think this material is great to have in your tool bag of options but definitely is situational imo.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Thanks James. That’s very informative.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Hi, we just purchase a hot air gun for this purpose. We can modify fit, add by welding and have had really great results so far. The unit we selected has a digital readout of temp. I'll try and send a link...

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Hi, we just purchase a hot air gun for this purpose. We can modify fit, add by welding and have had really great results so far. The unit we selected has a digital readout of temp. I'll try and send a link...

Attachments

• Capture+_2018-12-22-19-17-09.png
    Capture+_2018-12-22-19-17-09.png
    571.9 KB · Views: 27